very confused again.

Guest head1

Guest head1

Had my second cbt session today. I feel that I am not in there long enough to discuss all that's going on in my mind.

I basically have pocd and have been suffering from it as far as I am aware for 3 months. I have recently been avoiding places that could trigger thoughts. I now avoid my 3 year old son which is destroying me. I then started thinking, what if you fancy him? Do you? Now I worry that I have convinced my self that I do. These then make me feel the feelings are real. I know its ocd at work, vicious it is. But why do I feel like have convinced myself. Does thius make sense .

Guest ihaveocd23

Hi head one i do not have pocd however i have had thoughts like these, i do suffer intrusive thoughts. The fact that you are avoiding these places and avoiding your soon will be reinforcing your ocd. You have to allow yourself to be near your son and if the thoughts come just let them pass. ocd is the doubting disease and it will play on your worst fears and try to make you believe you are your worstt fear. By avoiding,checking,reassurance seeking,doubting yourself it will make it worse. There are many people on here who have pocd so they maybe be able to relate to you a bit better anyway hope this has helped a little. http://ocduk.org/types-ocd There is a link here that might help x

Guest head1

Just read an article that says ocd is the "doubting disease". Ocd is so strong and convincing that it is hard to understand. If only there was a magic pill. I wonder how many people have thought that?

Guest sarah1984

Hello Head1,

Yes, I'd gladly spend my life savings on a magic pill to get rid of OCD - if only.....!! I thought you might find this article by Fred Penzel on parents who have intrusive thoughts about harming/molesting their children helpful: http://www.wsps.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56:but-i-love-my-kids-parents-with-thoughts-of-harming-their-children&catid=36:ocd-and-related-subjects-by-frederick-penzel-phd&Itemid=64. You might also find the book 'Break Free from OCD' http://www.ocdshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=163 useful because one of the four case studies features a dad who has thoughts that he might be attracted to his baby daughter.

Sarah

Guest Montyl21

Hey Head1,

I was wondering if you could post a link to the article doubting disease, would love to read that. OCD makes us question, feel guilty and go over everything we might feel bad about or is deemed as wrong, I have POCD to an extent I did nt even thinking about it till recently and it is a form of ocd or minds are so powerful and play tricks with us xxx