Rough night with ocd

Guest Montyl21

Guest Montyl21

My mind would nt shut down last night and it was actually trying t find things for me to worry about. I really sick of ocd I dont know if this is just me coming of old meds and starting new ones so am having a little bit of a rough time. How do you just swtich your mind off xxx

Guest Annabel

Poor you Monty, it's ashame OCD doesn't have an off-switch- instead try distracting yourself and accept that the thoughts are there but they're just thoughts xx

Guest Montyl21

Can I ask if you cant sleep at night do you just keep distracting yourself and listening to your body and feeling anxiety and what your mind is telling you till you fall asleep ? its been so long since I was last at thearpy xxx

I down a few Quetiapin (Seroquel) with a couple of beers and wait. Unless I have to get out of bed to take a ****, I'm usually asleep within the hour. Some people take between 200 mg to 800 mg but I don't handle Quetiapin so well. My heart rate goes up to about 140 while at rest and they tend to give me pretty severe anxiety, so I usually take just 25 - 50 mg, sometimes with Valium. I use Zopiclone quite often and they're very effective at making me fall asleep, but they can be somewhat addictive (very addictive to some people). I wish I had a way of slowing things down without medication but I've no idea how to do that. I have absolutely no control over the horrible thoughts and images that constantly enter my mind.