4 Goes Mad Season - Jon Richardson: A Little Bit OCD

Guest Icicle

Overall Jon did a great job presenting it, especially when he was angry at OCD and how clearly moved he was by the mother's story of her son. He dealt with it sensitively and respectfully, even managing to upset the usually jovial Russell Howard when he spoke about sleeping in the car. I felt that the documentary definitely showed people that OCD is no laughing matter but more work needs to be done to show what a variety of symptoms/types of OCD someone can present with.

Yeah I agree with this, I thought he did a brilliant job and was very respectful and understanding of each person he spoke to - Must admit I fell a little bit in love with him :love: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 4myboy

I can relate to the not wanting to watch programs about OCD when you have to live with it 24/7. My son was featured(the 16 yr old) but had little interest in watching it. He did it to raise awareness and I am proud of him for that. He does not want to read about it either.

I, however, am keen to learn all can so that I can understand John and fight his corner. I have started a blog about being he parent of an OCD teen to help me offload and hopefully help someone in the same situation. www.hiddeninclearview.wordpress.com

He doesn't like to talk about it, and I respect that, so it helps me to blog.

Guest Zonegirl

Your son is amazing! He and you should be so proud!

Your blog is really interesting too!

I really hope he gets all the help he deserves xxxx

Guest littlerosie

I agree with everything that's been said, but thought I'd add my 2 pence! I was really worried about watching it, what if it was insensitive and made me angry? Happily it wasn't, I felt it was an accurate and sensitive portrayal of the condition, it was so incredibly emotional too. I sincerely hope those who watched it that don't suffer understood the take home message; that OCD is more than 'wanting things neat' and 'washing your hands lol'. I thought those who participated were wonderful, so brave to reveal so much to millions of people. All in all a great documentary.