does anyone stil get intrusive thoughts, ocd etc even when your letting the thoughts go?

Guest jojo**

Guest jojo**

i've tried to ignore the thoughts or let them go and then I will carry on with something else like read abook or watch tv, but even though i have ignored them they still find away back into my mind. it's trying to tell me that i want the thoughts etc, the worse thing is that i get the doubt and intrusive feelings with it, ocd just wont give up without a fight...

Guest jojo**

mine seem to try and make me belive that there real, but thats proberly because I pay too much attention to them and worry over the doubt too

Guest ihaveocd23

yes i feel like i cant let them go because they are too important and i feel guilty and unhappy most of the time i just hide it, pretend im ok.

Guest jojo**

same, mines built up and seems to know exactly what buttons to press to make me feel bad again and then having to go over the thought because i cant just leave the thought and not think over why ithought it, was it me etc etc, god I hate ocd

Hi Jojo

I still have the thoughts but i dont engage with them anymore so they have lost their power - now when one comes in i relabel is straight off "oh yeah just that ocd thought" and move on. They are also much less frequent. Dont try not think the thoughts, this wont work in fact will make them stronger - the key is how you respond to them.

Guest Paul92

The thing you need to do is not to try and ignore them.. let them come,, seriously :) I had a horrible time with intrusive thoughts, now I just let them come, and they don't worry me at all. Sometimes I laugh at them now, because they get to be ridiculous. Like my girlfriends grandma was in a nursing home, and I knew that a horrible thought would come about that.. So what? Let it come, think whatever, because it doesnt mean anything :) What I mean is, what came into my head wasnt what I truly thought, I just knew that I'd think of something stupid because it was that sort of situation that is sensitive. Let them come, and theyl stop :)

Edited by Paul92
Guest ihaveocd23

Good advice i wish i could follow it feel bad though if i ignore the thoughts. I am so rubbish at all this. better get to sleep soon im up at 6 for work. but ive slept all day, better than not sleeping at all i supose,

Thanks guys for trying to help me you dont know what it means x

Guest laura cook

I have intrusive thoughts, about praying for bad things to happen. My problem is that i used to be religious and sometimes i pray for deals, like Lord if i drink alcohol..then make me forever (then an awful thing or personality trait) or if i have a thought about sex etc then hurt me.. Now i get paranoid of whether i meant to think that deal or it was an ocd thought, and im scared if it was on purpose then i deserve the punishment or the fulfilment of the deal. But i feel the only way will be to break deals whether they were on purpose or not?

But on the otherhand i think, don't do one small thing and you can save your life from being awful. What do you guys think?

I dont know what to say. I am in a terrible place myself and dont know how to get out.

But good luck. My thoughts are with me no matter what. Even on my free ocd periods i have no angst or thoughts, if I do get them I am still able to control them and laugh at them. But not now