New tablet: Citalopram

Guest jojo**

Guest jojo**

Hi guys I was put on a new tablet today called citalopram, just wondering if anyone has been on this and if it's helped with there ocd and anxiety? On my first day of taking it I feel really drowsy but it could just be me.

Guest FobicFairy

Hi Jojo,

The issue of meds comes up time and time again, the outcome is always the same, what drug suits one person wont suit another, we all react differently. If you want to know about the drug read the packet inside the box, it should give you an idea of how they work, common side effects and rarer ones.

The answers to your question will vary, lots of positive feedback, but nearly always one or two people reply with negative reports, it's best to just see how the meds suit you personally.

SSRI drugs are often prescribed to people who have depression or/and anxiety. The drugs usually only take the edge off the anxiety, they certainly wont cure your OCD. If the anxiety is lifted somewhat it can make it easier for a person to go through CBT therapy and face their fears.

Your best bet is to get on a CBT waiting list as soon as possible. It has a 66% recovery rate, so the odds of getting well are good.

FF x

Guest jojo**

Yes thank you for that feedback, really informative :)

Yes hopefully with this new pill and cbt things will be a lot better :)

Although I am starting to feel happier on this new pill so fingers crossed

Thanks xx