Poets Corner

Guest rocastle

Those are beautifully written poems, NS. You can tell they're from the heart which makes them all the more poignant.

Love K

x

PS - Keats is a bit overrated IMHO :)

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Star, really good poems - very emotive. And as Caramoole said it's a good way of expressing your thoughts and feelings.

Just wish there was a way to help you feel better and not as sad as the poems say.

Take care

whitebeam

• 2 weeks later...

And another one....finished this week.....

**warning - self-harm and suicide**

Do you see?

Do you see what I see?

The hatred running through me.

The red running from my arm,

which in a strange way calms.

Outwardly so care-free,

Inwardly I hate me.

I have so much to gain

but can I face the pain?

All I do is wrong,

I feel like I don't belong.

I run away from fears,

I shed so many tears.

I wish I could lose me,

And be re-born dans une autre vie.

I deserve to be hated.

The me I liked has faded.

I want to be happy,

I want to be me.

I'm a horrible lump,

I might as well jump.

Guest ScottOCDid

Emotive stuff, NS.

But...

I deserve to be hated

If you'll allow us to be the judge of that; I think you'll find unanimous disagreement!

I'm a horrible lump,

I might as well jump

As above, after all of the help and support that you've offered to other users of these forums, I think you'd struggle to find anyone who'll agree with those sentiments.

You're experiencing a lot of pain, which is conveyed very effectively through your poetry. I hope that writing your thoughts down acts as a release valve.

The enemy within is possibly the most formidable foe that anyone can encounter. Keeping up the fight against OCD - or coming through the fight against OCD - is what makes everyone on this board so very much stronger than they maybe realise. You are strong, NS, and I have every confidence that the real you will be the eventual winner in this hard, hard battle.

Dunno what else to say... but we're all supporting you.

S

NS please don't think you deserve to be hated, I know I may not know you personally but I don't agree you deserve hate.

When I first joined this site I took the opportunity to have an emotional outlet and went on and on in my first post. You put up with the blabbering and was the first person to give me advice and listen to me, and I don't know if you'll ever know how much that means to me and how you made me realise there are good people who help others and listen.

Your poems are so emotional and at times I take my own perspective on them and understand them, I've had feelings like those, I am falling apart inside, and I do it in silence. Except for when I'm on here. I don't talk about my feelings to friends, my best mate hasn't a clue what I go through she doesn't even know I have ocd. I'm scared to talk to people. But when I come on here I can be honest because I know I won't be judged because just like you everyone on here has a good heart and good soul. The only outlet I have is here and thats because of the kindness people on here have shown me, and you started all that, as the first person to reply you showed me people listen you represented this board and how friendly and great the people here are.

Everything above is true, I mean it honestly and I wouldn't take it back. I just hope one day I can be as good as a person and as great of a listener (and writer) as you are and I hope you know I along with many others are here for you and want to help you like you've helped us.

Thank you Northern Star

Beth x

The only outlet I have is here and thats because of the kindness people on here have shown me, and you started all that, as the first person to reply you showed me people listen you represented this board and how friendly and great the people here are.

Everything above is true, I mean it honestly and I wouldn't take it back. I just hope one day I can be as good as a person and as great of a listener (and writer) as you are and I hope you know I along with many others are here for you and want to help you like you've helped us.

So come on Missy Star, what have you got to say about that? :whistling: Think about it!

Thanks everyone :D :lol:

One of these days I will write something positive (I hope :) ).

When I first joined this site I took the opportunity to have an emotional outlet and went on and on in my first post. You put up with the blabbering and was the first person to give me advice and listen to me, and I doon't know if you'll ever know how much that means to me and how you made me realise there are good people who help others and listen.

Your poems are so emotional and at times I take my own perspective on them and understand them, I've had feelings like those, I am falling apart inside, and I do it in silence. Except for when I'm on here. I don't talk about my feelings to friends, my best mate hasn't a clue what I go thro she doesn't even know I have ocd. I'm scared to talk to people. But when I come on here I can be honest because I know I won't be judged because just like you everyone on here has a good heart and good soul. The only outlet I have is here and thats because of the kindness people on here have shown me, and you started all that, as the first person to reply you showed me people listen you represented this board and how friendly and great the people here are.

I can't believe you wrote that - it means so much to me so thank you :) :lol: I'm glad if I was able to help you in some way :).

So come on Missy Star, what have you got to say about that?  :) Think about it!

I'm not really sure, except :whistling: I can't believe how lovely people on here are. Thank you everyone :)

OCD-UK v OCD

It's a Hacker attack on the brain

A Terrorist targetting all you hold dear

Again and again and again

It's an onslaught of fear to your mind

Changing and tainting the essence that's you

Time after time after time

It's the enemy no-one can see

Beating you, hating you, making you scream

Let me be, let me be, let me be

It's a fraud, an imposter, a fool

Persuasive, invasive but not all it seems

You can rule, you can rule, you can rule

It's a thought, nothing more, it's pure spin

And armed with the knowledge we share here each day

We can beat it, defeat it and win!

Guest Muse_Man

Hi,

I read that and thought it was very inspiring, well done, reading everyones thoughts and knowledge on this forum has helped me take a step towards tackling my OCD and anxiety fears.

Only if OCD was a terrorist then im sure George Bush would have already declared war on it :grin:

united we stand! :thumbup:

Guest Beckett93
It's a thought, nothing more, it's pure spin

And armed with the knowledge we share here each day

We can beat it, defeat it and win!

Easily my favorite stanza. If I ever meet anyone online or in real life with OCD, I am going to tell them about you all and the absolutely tremendous work you do here. I have learned more about OCD and felt more a part of a community in my month here than I did in all my previous years. OCD-UK rocks my socks! :thumbup:

Guest StephenS

Caramoole, that was wonderful! Deserves to be quoted in the OCD literature (and will be in my book, with your permission, when I get to write it!)

love

Stephen

Guest Heryn

Hi.

This poem I wrote about my OCD and which I am posting now as I have decided to bite the bullet and just do it.

It's called Clocks. It's not the best thing I've written about OCD, or indeed ever written, but here goes.

Clocks

It's been a year already;

more, if you're looking for a lifespan of changing rituals:

your own personal jukebox,

except that you don't get to pick

replace one with another

and that with the same--

Tick, tick, tick,

around and around we go, minutes wasting

Click and rewind, but the moment's passed

replicate,

emulate,

go some way to feed the obsession.

Un-wishes turn to reality

as reason tells of a destiny predetermined and

writ there in your thought

as if the world could see your blameworthiness, your

guilt;

this otherwise innocent thing red-flagged

a dealer in false prophecy.

Ritual habitual comforts--

Press down on the indelible

sealant,

affix it to the non-existent guarantee, though nothing

ever quite cast-iron in its perfected repetition:

there's always room for the quick, niggling doubt,

the stealthy 'What if'.

That's it.

Cheers,

Heryn

Guest hayley73

What a brilliant poem. Sums up OCD!!!!!! I write poetry at times. If I feel really passionate or emotional about something I find it helps to put pen to paper in this way. Keep up the good work!!!

Guest Sammyhostie

Thats excellent,

Ritual habitual comforts--

Press down on the indelible

sealant,

affix it to the non-existent guarantee, though nothing

ever quite cast-iron in its perfected repetition:

there's always room for the quick, niggling doubt,

the stealthy 'What if'.

Thats so true, I am always looking for some non-existant gurantee in everything in life.

Well done xx :crybaby:

Guest Heryn

Hey guys,

Thank you very much for your comments :)

I have, well, more than a slight 'thing' about clocks, hence the title. Also I haven't written, at least not really, for a few years -- funny thing about having it is that this -- writing -- is pretty much the only way I can get a handle on OCD.

Will post more if you want to see it.

Cheers,

Heryn

PS. OK, you can print it in the newsletter... fame, heheh! :lol:

Circles

Like circles you spiral,

Round in my mind,

Replaying your questions,

No answers to find.

Damaged and dejected,

Just part of your toy,

Take what you want,