Wristbands Now Available

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlienewman

Hey all,

I know i've said it before but I feel amazing being able to wear my wristband with pride.

I work for a bookies and wear it at work too, the amount of people that have asked me not only what it stands for but then when I tell them they also ask about the condition, as I don't suffer from OCD I tell them what I have found out and then tell them to look at this amazing site, I learnt alot of what I know from here

Thank you to everyone

Charlie

Guest heavenbound alien

I've been wearing my band.I wore it to the health club today and one of the workers there said I know the other bands what's the orange.I said it was for ocd.have you heard of it.No he said.I replied it's when someone get's a thought in their mind and it frightens them and they try and get rid of the thought.That was quite satisfactory for him.I wasn't brave enough to say that's what happens to me.

But today a friend said what's the orange band and I said it's ocd.I know what that is she said.I have that.I told her that I get thoughts stuck in my mind.I thought I was very brave to do that. :lol2:

I have been wearing mine too. Normally I don't wear anything apart from a watch (that's with the exception of clothing of course :hug: ), as I have a 'thing' about jewellery (I'm not totally sure why). However a friend also sent me a purple band from Help the Aged (HUG - Helping Unite Generations) so I have decided to wear both and I am getting sort of comfortable with them now. I have been hiding them under my jacket at work (not because I am ashamed of them for what they are, but because I have never worn anything like this before and it's not 'like me'), but I had a short-sleeved shirt under my jacket today so they were more visible, and a colleague (who has a 'Livestrong' band) asked me what they were so I explained.

I was going to post a pic just here in my post but I couldn't find out how to - anyone know? Thanks.

All the best

Stephen

I was going to post a pic just here in my post but I couldn't find out how to - anyone know? Thanks.

46760[/snapback]

Only the mods can upload images within posts, either upload in the gallery or forward to one of us and we will add it to the thread for you :hug:

• 3 weeks later...

The wristbands have been a huge success, with shipments made to the US, Canada, Australia and Central Europe, so much so that we have now ordered another 3000 wristbands.

Thats great Ashie. Well done mate.

Hopefully the charity has done well out of it both financially and PR wise.

49873[/snapback]

Both, we have also worked with National Phobics Society and Triumph Over Phobia and provided them the wristbands at almost cost price, so all three charities have made a small amount of funding whilst also raising awareness, and also providing a small therapeutic aid to sufferers.

Guest Muse_Man

Yaayy!! :clap: :thumbup:

Got mine today and was wearing it out in town trying to keep it as visible as possible under my sleeve, howvere mine is loose, I figured I shouldnt get junior cos it wouldnt fit over my hand to get on and shouldnt risk cutting off my circulation, but I suppose Im getting use to it hanging loose on my wrist.

Its not loose when it gets pushed further up my forearm but problem is it cant be seen then, oh well, I feel proud to wear it. But Im not sure if I will have it visible when around my parents and friends that dont know I have OCD, they may ask awkard questions :huh:

I ordered a youth one but when i got it, it was hard to get over my hand , so i gave it to my sis and have ordered an adult one today :clap: ive also got a make poverty history band too :thumbup:

Gary

Guest ScottOCDid
... because I have never worn anything like this before and it's not 'like me'...

46760[/snapback]

Hiya Stephen,

I was like that initially, too. Other than OCD-UK, I wouldn't have worn any wristband. I was a bit timid wearing it at work to start off with but I haven't taken it off for weeks now (is that the idea btw? :huh: ... I mean, it does get washed :clap: ). Even when I'm in meetings, I feel no need at all to prevent it slipping into view which, being orange, it quite obviously does! :)

It's so weird that I actually find myself proud to be wearing it.

Yay to everyone who's got a band!!!!!!

Scott

:thumbup: