Wristbands Now Available

Guest charlienewman

Hey,

I just wanted to say thanks soooo much for sending these wristbands out...I said I wanted to wear mine with pride and I do, I also said I had somewhere quite important to go (well I hope I don't sound a bit annoying here) I went to go see somebody that I REALLY care about on Sunday and I wanted to be wearing it to bring attention to it and to show him that I really care about him and am trying to understand (not quite the right word because I do believe somebody that doesn't suffer will never fully understand) how he feels and just to show him that I am there to support him through anything, It did the job :) and he knows he is always with me now....

I WEAR IT WITH PRIDE EVERYWHERE I GO AND TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT THIS AMAZING CAUSE AND ALL THESE AMAZING PEOPLE

Thanks so much :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I just wanted to say thanks soooo much for sending these wristbands out...I said I wanted to wear mine with pride and I do, I also said I had somewhere quite important to go (well I hope I don't sound a bit annoying here) I went to go see somebody that I REALLY care about on Sunday and I wanted to be wearing it to bring attention to it and to show him that I really care about him and am trying to understand (not quite the right word because I do believe somebody that doesn't suffer will never fully understand) how he feels and just to show him that I am there to support him through anything, It did the job :cheer:  and he knows he is always with me now....

I WEAR IT WITH PRIDE EVERYWHERE I GO AND TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT THIS AMAZING CAUSE AND ALL THESE AMAZING PEOPLE

Thanks so much  :)

45632[/snapback]

Sounds like a bit of wristband romance? :)

Guest Heryn

I will probably send my order this week when I get some spare cash. It might be a bit edgy because I am the only person in my house who knows I have OCD, but I'd like to wear it -- in support, and also because I have OCD and I'm facing up to it. :)

Do the self-harm bands also represent CSP?

thx

Heryn

Do the self-harm bands also represent CSP?

45644[/snapback]

To be honest I am not sure who is doing the self-harm bands. I know they are orange too but I dont know what message they have on them, if any.

To be honest I am not sure who is doing the self-harm bands.  I know they are orange too but I dont know what message they have on them, if any.

Some self-harm ones might have messages on them, I don't know. But in general people who self-harm/are showing support for self-harmers etc just wear plain orange wristbands/bracelets I think.

Guest niss

hey i wanna buy one of the wrist bands to wear,

but the thing is i don't think i'd feel to comfortable about people asking me, what it's in support for, especially people close to me, since they don't know about my ocd, i would prefer to keep it in the dark?

any of u have any of these problems with the bands?

Guest Gary

hey,

if you get one and they ask about it you could just say its for ocd , just because you wear one doesnt mean that your telling people you have ocd. my sister has got one is support of breast cancer but she doesnt have it.

Guest niss
Ooops Gary beat me to it, lol

46391[/snapback]

but people will get suspicious, as i don't normally wear bands or anything, and what if they ask me if i have it, even though they might suspect it anyway, i don't feel comfortable lying.

Guest NickNickNick

Wear it around your ankle...I've had a couple people ask me...I just tell them, and if the question about whether or not I have OCD comes up, I just say "yes"...they normally don't ask any more questions after that.

Wear it around your ankle...

46400[/snapback]

That's what thye remind me of, thank you :) Not sure if you ever had them in Canada but when I was a kid here in the UK and we would go to the swimming pool they would give you the wristband type things to put around your wrist or ankle in different colours to indicate when your hour was up. (they would announce the colour to leave the pool).

Guest NickNickNick
That's what thye remind me of, thank you  :lol:    Not sure if you ever had them in Canada but when I was a kid here in the UK and we would go to the swimming pool they would give you the wristband type things to put around your wrist or ankle in different colours to indicate when your hour was up. (they would announce the colour to leave the pool).

46405[/snapback]

Wow. I've never heard of that before...

When I go to the pool, I can swim as long as I please...always has been that way...mind you, when you live in the second largest country in the world and there's only 30 million people (and I live in a very sparsely populated place...my province is about 3x the size of the United Kingdom and there are less than a million people living in it) I doubt they'll want to discourage people from coming back by setting time limits. :)

:Canada:

i lurrrrve canada :Canada:

but then, that's not the point :lol:

i would say just tell them what it's for, doesn't mean you have to tell them you suffer if you don't want to. i rarely wear jewellery of any sort, a necklace if any, but recently decided to start wearing a yellow livestrong band. it's not because i have cancer, simply because i want to show my support.

Guest twoshoes

need to order a youth size one as the adult one falls off my wrist...don't laugh :Canada: I have skinny wrists and a large behind :lol:

When are the junior ones available?

need to order a youth size one as the adult one falls off my wrist...don't laugh :Canada: I have skinny wrists and a large behind :lol:

When are the junior ones available?

46468[/snapback]

I have 500 on order, expected week starting June 6th.