Groinal response - is it now real arousal or not?

Guest Gloria123

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she is confused about the sensations "groinal response" being real (and that is a very real thing,caused by ocd, but she cant accept that either xx

Lucy xxx

again i guess these are two different opinions... :(

again your not working at changing the way you respond to the unwanted feelings and thoughts because you have ocd.

Im afraid this thread has exhausted itself and in fact is making your ocd worse, something that ocduk doesnt advocate.

what you going to do now gloria ?

Actually i felt quite good today...but now after reading that there are different meanings...i don´t know

why you reading it for ? looking for reasurance looking for certainty, sadly it wont work

There isnt a definite answer though. You will spend your life searching,but you will never find an answer that satisys your ocd mind. If you choose to keep searching because "why shld u live life with uncertainty if actually there is a definitive answer" then carry on. But your life will always be miserable. Why should I live MY life with uncertanty??? Because that is life gloria x

Lucy xxx

Gloria, I am afraid that I don't have any experience at all with this type of OCD. I just wonder if you are getting too much in the way of conflicting advice, differing perspectives/opinions, & a slight language barrier problem on both sides. (please don't be offended) x

It might be best to take some time out, relax, & reassess the situation. It is a lot to take onboard anyway, & harder still when fueled by stress, & being so preoccupied with thoughts & so on.

I am sure you will get there in the end.

xx

Gloria, I am afraid that I don't have any experience at all with this type of OCD. I just wonder if you are getting too much in the way of conflicting advice, differing perspectives/opinions, & a slight language barrier problem on both sides. (please don't be offended) x

It might be best to take some time out, relax, & reassess the situation. It is a lot to take onboard anyway, & harder still when fueled by stress, & being so preoccupied with thoughts & so on.

xx

not conflicting felix, because if you ask a ocd related question (the irrational thought part) then responses you get will differ, be it on here google , books etc,

there will always be an element of doubt attached to that question, and because you need answers, then im afraid you will get differentuals, hence that when

youve already received infromation, then one has to stop resisting the urge to ask, because by doing so, youll dig yourself into a deeper hole.

very difficult yes, but sadly thats what happens when you look for %100 certainty, and unless you stop looking for it, im afraid youll drop into the pit of doom

Guest Gloria123

@felix: Whay are you afraid that you don´t have experiences in that type of OCD and think it´s the best to relax?

Do you think it´s something I have to be scared of it? :(

@felix: Whay are you afraid that you don´t have experiences in that type of OCD and think it´s the best to relax?

i wish you well on you getting better from ocd gloria. i hope that ocduk gives you lots of further advice on how ocd works, and im sure that things will fall into place

for you,

sorry if i offended anyone on this thread, i shall now refrain from further posting as im not in the right frame of mind to do so

xx

No Gloria! x

When I mentioned "a slight language barrier problem on both sides. (please don't be offended) x" this exactly what I was refering to! It is purely an English way of emphasing that I have no experience of that type of OCD, & not meaning 'afraid' as in 'scared'. x

I just think it would do you good to relax, because it will be easier to learn about OCD & educate yourself better, & that is not going to be easy when you are this stressed & so anxious.

xx

Guest Gloria123

Yes, I`m no Native English Speaker, so some things are quite hard for me to understand...

I know but often I feel so lost and totally unsure about certain things...

Guest Gloria123

Yes, I`m no Native English Speaker, so some things are quite hard for me to understand...

I know but often I feel so lost and totally unsure about certain things...

Guest Gloria123

I am still worrying if this arousal feeling is because of the kids :-(

Often I have bad sexual thoughts with them and then this feeling and often a thought that i might like those things come immediately :-( :-(

Often I have bad sexual thoughts with them and then this feeling and often a thought that i might like those things come immediately :-( :-(

you need to go over these last 8 pages of superb advice gloria, and try to take it in.

by replying again is falling into the realms of reasurance., as is posting the same questions, reasurance simply doesnt work in

Guest tiredOfOcd

I read a little bit of this topic (8 pages is too much to read all at once).

I had sexually related OCD - repetitive intrusive thoughts that I was attracted to people whom I did not want to have sex with because of age and/or gender.

It is completely possible to have these unwanted thoughts AND at the same time experience an unwanted physical sensation in your genitals. I don't know why the body works like that, but it is involuntary and means NOTHING.

It is completely possible to have these unwanted thoughts AND at the same time experience an unwanted physical sensation in your genitals. I don't know why the body works like that, but it is involuntary and means NOTHING.

Is it a mixture of a psychosomatic problem, & OCD? I guess both of which anxiety related.

Edited by felix4
Guest tiredOfOcd

Is it a mixture of psychosomatic, & OCD?

I have absolutely no idea.

All I know is what I've experienced - for me its been an unwanted feeling of something going on down there.

I think its a function of the mind influencing the body. Have you ever been terrified of something or suddenly gotten angry at something and had a physical response - breaking into a cold sweat, heart beating faster, hair on the back of your neck standing up, starting to shake, being unable to speak?

I think the sensation I have experienced is like that.

But regardless of what it is - it has NOTHING to do with attraction or who you want to have sex with.