Moving on from a comfort zone

Guest Montyl21

Guest Montyl21

Hey guys,

I am 29 years old and still at home with parents I have a partner who I am madly in love with and he is a great support and when am with him he helps me face my fears and anxieties, where my parents would just comfort me or check and unplug things for me. I am working as a cleaner at the moment and I want to move in with partner but i just dont know if I could cope I work for my parents cleaning company cause its comfortable for me. If I moved I would need to change my whole life get full time work basically grow up and face the big bad world with my ocd and well am scared. I dont want to waste what I have cause of my ocd I want to be with my partner. Has anyone got any advice tips or helps thats available ? proessional etc I am maybe looking into government help just for a bit till I find work I can handle down where my partner stays xxxx

Hi Monty

I can imagine that would be the cause of stress; you'd have to adjust to somewhere new and of course that would be scary. I think a lot of us here tend to feel safer with our parents at times; I know that when I first got OCD I relied on them quite a bit.

Why don't you just see how it goes? You know you can trust your partner; you know he understands. Perhaps start with that? Your parents will still be there, whatever happens.

Let us know what you decide. :)