no desire to live

Guest Annabel

Hi Bruces,

I'm so sorry you are so ill just now and feel the way you do. It's because of the way your brain is working at the moment, it's not always going to be like this.

Have you spoken to close family/friends/anyone about how you feel? I would really suggest going to A&E ASAP or phoning Samaritans 08457 90 90 90 and talking it through with them or possibly with close friends if you feel up to it.

:hug: xxx

You might just be one medication away from feeling happy with life and living with a purpose or perhaps something great in your life is about to happen. I

I dont have any desire to speak to anybody or sit in a doctors waiting room,ive researched suicide methods but theonly thing stopping me are what implications it would have on my family but surely they wouldnt want me to live in such abject misery,i never saw life like like this as a child,i just wish i could be one of the fatal road accident statistics you read about

how long have you been on sertraline and what dose, do you take it regularly, do you drink alchol whilst taking it, you aren,t a miserable excuse for a human being either you have ocd and are severly depressed too by the sounds of it

Changed to sertraline several months ago,sadly yes i am i am no use to noonei have so many issues,sad thing is there is so many lovely people die everyday and it should be me,i chain smoke in a pathetic attempt to end my life prematurely

I look at other people with envy at their normal lives and look at my joke of an existance,ive been on prozac for years till i changed i had cbt which didnt make any difference as i dont have the strength to change i just want the hurt to stop now!! Think ive got to do it soon,i liute alone no girl would want a waster like me

I look at other people with envy at their normal lives and look at my joke of an existance,ive been on prozac for years till i changed i had cbt which didnt make any difference as i dont have the strength to change i just want the hurt to stop now!! Think ive got to do it soon,i liute alone no girl would want a waster like me

you are tending to paint a very dark black picture of yourself bruce . Are you really sucidal ?

Yes ive had so many treatments private and nhs there is no more avenues to go down i just want out of this painful existance,theres no pleasure just pain,i hate every part of me

what about this minute, the here and now. not the future / not the past, live for this minute

You say youve had help in the past. Did that fail ? if so why ?

thats understandable that you feel that way, and thats how awful depression and anxiety/ocd makes us feel. a lot of us have been in that

postion, including myself.

Could you list 3 things you are good at and 3 things you are **** at ?

Changed to sertraline several months ago,sadly yes i am i am no use to noonei have so many issues,sad thing is there is so many lovely people die everyday and it should be me,i chain smoke in a pathetic attempt to end my life prematurely

so several months ago, they havent helped, the cbt hasnt helped, so what is the mental health team or gp doing about it.

Just because it doesnt work it doesnt mean that a new approach with a different med and therapist can make the difference.

what area are you in mate ?

Im no good at anything i just hope i can do my exit properly and minimise my familys suffering i know i cant stop their mourning completely but if i did it with minimal suffering to me it may bdm of some comfort to them that i didnt suffer

i think when you are in such a bad place its difficult to think that there is any hope of feeling better but i swear to you i have felt exactly the same as you do now on a few occasions and things will get better and you will see things differently, i truly hope you seek medical help asap and tell them just exactly how low you feel and that you are contemplating suicide then you will get the help you need, as legend says just because one treatment hasn,t worked for you it doesnt mean a different one and more cbt wont do the trick next time around. I really really urge you to see a gp tomorrow if not sooner, you could always call the out of hours service, 999 or go to your local A and E department, i,m sure they will help you

I just can be bothered with any more treatments or medication,i just hope the end will be as peaceful as i imagine and my mind will be at rest

ok mate.

i hope that you take on board the advice thats given re call up a helpline, id be devastated to see you take the option of ending your life.

Guest lucylia

This is NOT the way Bruce. Of course your family dont want you to suffer every day, but they would rather have you here and suffering and trying to help you, than have you commit suicide. There are thousands of different meds,therapists. I know its hard buddy, we all do . . .but we just have to keep fighting, even when we feel like giving up.

Lucy xxx