no desire to live

is there anything they can do for me?

yes. with a good therapist and proper help bruce.

Cant really offer much more to say really. I hate to see people like this its so unfair

Guest Daniel1992

Have you been on the dosage long? (as in at least 3 months). If so it might be time to perhaps try a different med, have you considered any tricycle antidepressants? I am no expert but if you feel your SSRIs aren't working you should maybe consider it, I read an article where someone who took Clomipramine supposedly fully recovered from OCD. Like I say I am no expert but if you feel things aren't working the way they are now then perhaps you need to head in a new direction medication wise. If I can find the article about Clomipramine I'll post it.

Edited by Daniel1992
Guest Daniel1992

I am not sure, worth discussing with your GP, but I imagine you would get a say in your treatment, especially if you feel SSRIs aren't working. I am not suggesting for a minute that Clomipramine will defiantly work, as everyone is different, but by the sounds of things your current meds aren't helping so I am suggesting another option, although therapy is, and always will be what works best.

Hi Bruce

I am so sorry you're feeling like this, but glad you're still with us.

I think recovery is something that has to be brought on gradually; don't expect miracles. I don't know if anyone's said this to you before, but the fact that you've got this far is great in itself - look to that as encouragement.

I know how hard it is to stay positive if you've been unhappy for a long time. If it makes you feel better, I've spent a lot of the past year feeling not-great and not myself and feeling like I'm waiting for the sun to come out in my life and in fact I had a slight relapse tonight. It takes time; I do still have moments. Maybe the new year will bring something special.

Continue to be kind to yourself; you're not alone.

C xx

Guest Daniel1992

I am not sure if they are stronger, but Clomipramine was used before SSRIs to treat OCD, although SSRIs are favoured now as they have less side effects, as a lot of people get really nasty side effects from tricycles. They are often used to fight treatment-resistant depression. I think I am right in saying they work in a similar manor to an SSRI, they block the uptake of serotonin and some also block norephinphine, a hormone involved in the 'fight or flight' part of anxiety, which is useful for people suffering with OCD.

Like I said before, ask your GP about it, it might make you worse, it might make you better, but like all ADs you have to try them before you find out. If you really feel your SSRIs are not helping it might be worth checking out. Like I say I'm no expert, just offering another option.

Guest Daniel1992

For what it is worth Bruce this thread is a few weeks old now I think, and you have managed to cope, which I think is fantastic. Depression and OCD both cloud rational thinking, I know for me my OCD makes me doubt I can ever get better and be happy and that scares the hell out of me because I am only 20 and my OCD tells me my life is over. But I could sit attempting to work out whether or not my life is over, or I could get up out of bed and live my life in the now, rather than wondering about the future. It takes time to get better, this is just a rough patch, everyone says it gets worse before it gets better.

and it might have been, but it can change, it is never too late to change

and that bruce is what and how it is. And it is up to you to accept and acknowledge that, and by repetitive posting is not benefical to your mental health

, because what happens is it becoming a hinderance rather than a positivity, in the sense that it is counter productive to you.

We all have to believe, we have to take steps in the direction that we dont wont to, it is difficult, but its what we have to do.

If your not happy with the help you have received, then complain through your local pals system, ask for the correct help, because

the correct helps

Edited by legend

sorry but this ias the only place that understands.nobody else does

yes it does understand m8. but what happens bruce is we go around in a loop of gloom. thats not productive, what we want is a step in the right direction

Negativity in a sense , breeds negativity. By repetive posting im going to end my life isnt productive, what we want you to do is work at challenging the ocd

and thats the way forwards.

like i said, complain , self refer through the iapt ( improved acces to pyscholgy treatment) you can google it. CBT works if it is implemented correctly

and it is the correct treatment for ocd.

Like you said "where do i start" thats a signal of recognition that you want to get better.