no desire to live

I think in life confidence is such a major thing in any aspect of life.

I think you're right, but as Shannon's said, it is something you can gradually regain......have you got anything planned for today?

Id like to put a point across to you people,I'm currently not living a life of any kind I'm just merely existing with no quality of life,admitingly there has been times in the last 22 years that I have felt better than I do now but I certainly havnt been what you would call happy,it's accurate to say that I have lost the will to live I'm not interested in anything or take any satisfaction from anything I do,I see the termination of my life as something I strongly want as I crave for the peace,now my predicament is the consequences to my family,I do not wish them any heartache but I know some will be unavoidable,I want to broach the subject with them somehow and make them aware of my intent and how it will bring me peace,I've had different meds and therapies all to no avail,I appreciate it will be difficult but I need them to understand it's what I need.

Guest mynameisbrian

Id like to put a point across to you people,I'm currently not living a life of any kind I'm just merely existing with no quality of life,admitingly there has been times in the last 22 years that I have felt better than I do now but I certainly havnt been what you would call happy,it's accurate to say that I have lost the will to live I'm not interested in anything or take any satisfaction from anything I do,I see the termination of my life as something I strongly want as I crave for the peace,now my predicament is the consequences to my family,I do not wish them any heartache but I know some will be unavoidable,I want to broach the subject with them somehow and make them aware of my intent and how it will bring me peace,I've had different meds and therapies all to no avail,I appreciate it will be difficult but I need them to understand it's what I need.

There isn't "peace" when you die, there is nothing. Right now you have a shred of hope and pleasure when you think of death, because it feels like a way out, but this will be gone too. It makes no sense to commit suicide. We have all been there whether you want to believe it or not. I have felt that dead feeling many times before, you feel nothing. Pleasure is completely consumed. I'd take sadness over that.

You need medication. 25mg of Zoloft took my depression away incredibly easy. If that is not the same case for you (which it usually isn't), you have to try other things. If your current doctor is denying you medication, which makes no sense, go to another one.

I actually crave the nothingness,I strongly believe in legal euthanasia I think it should exist,I'm tired of fighting and tired of looking for the light that will never be there it's a clinical fact that some people never recover from depression,and I have no desire to spend another 30/40 years like this sometimes i think enough is enough.

Guest mynameisbrian

I actually crave the nothingness,I strongly believe in legal euthanasia I think it should exist,I'm tired of fighting and tired of looking for the light that will never be there it's a clinical fact that some people never recover from depression,and I have no desire to spend another 30/40 years like this sometimes i think enough is enough.

crave = pleasure. this will be gone when you are dead.

Depression is actually incredibly simple to fix with medication. All of the symptoms that OCD cause are simple to fix, like anxiety. They are not easy to go through, but the treatment is simple and not complex. The main part of OCD that is difficult to treat is the disorder itself, not the reactions such as depression. You wanting to die because you won't try different medications is just silly.

Edited by mynameisbrian
Guest legend

im sad to say it i just dont want to be here anymore there is NO pleasure in life

october 28th 2012

what have you done to challenge ?

Edited by legend
Guest anatta

They flatly refuse to try anything else unfortunately

That's against NICE guidelines. I'd seek advice from one of the OCD charities' helplines if I were you, they help people access treatment.

Guest lizinlondon

Well how about getting a new one. Also psychologists don't advice on medication. Only a psychiatrist can advise on medication. Maybe you need a new team to help you.

Bruces , sorry I haven't read all this topic. Short of time at the moment . Sorry if this post is out of place or makes no sense. I am just going off your title of the topic.

I am reading a book at the moment and every time i pick it up i just feel i should recommend it to you , will probably get my post deleated as i dont think we can recommend books but if you get chance to read this its only cheap and its just great. I promise

Its called "being happy " by Andrew Matthews.

Please buy it and read it . I believe it will really help you. X

Mate there is one for £2.59 free postage on e bay . There are several cheap copies on there. I won't go into all the topics in the book , but its gotta be worth you getting a copy for how cheap it is.

Again , my apologies for not reading all this thread , just going off your title "no desire to live" , I have been there mate , its felt like i have been dragged 10000 miles by a car with my face bumping along the road til its ripped through my skull.

Tiny steps mate . You have to keep taking those tiny steps . Try the book . It wont hurt you , and just might make you feel a bit better!

I wish you well x

Guest Tricia

Well how about getting a new one. Also psychologists don't advice on medication. Only a psychiatrist can advise on medication. Maybe you need a new team to help you.

Although psychologists can't prescribe medication, they can certainly advise and many do. My psychologist actually said my psychiatrist was wrong when he refused to offer different medication and he encouraged me to seek a second opinion. (And the new doctor was happy to try something different).