no desire to live

what the hell all r u doing here....????????

stop reply on this topic... the man who telling abt suicide will never do...it

stop the topics......................

plz plz plz understand.............. it's ocd only...not make him so week,,,

don't give any msg to him.. they will nothing do.. i am 100% sure

Guest Annabel

Naval, that is massively unhelpful. Bruces is suicidal and needs help, not someone to spur him on with that sort of talk.

People do attempt suicide as a result of OCD and depression and do die of this condition. I don't want that to happen to Bruces

Edited by Annabel
Guest Daniel1992

I'm no expert but it sounds like the OCD is doing the damage, and I understand, everyone with OCD is bound to think of suicide at one stage, it is an escape, but it isn't the solution.

Have you had help for your OCD before? You say all you can see is pain and suffering, but what if there is something after that? Something better? What if you recovered from OCD? Would you still be suffering? I doubt you would, and although you might not be able to see it now, there is a future for you. Hold tight.

Guest The fighter

I have gad too, it's a constant battle everyday, everyday I think about at least two fears and ruminate until I feel that fear has gone.

I'm sorry you feel so bad, I'm trying hard to be positive too, I sometimes have bad days and when I have good days its like wow I can't even remember having a bad day.

Sometimes I just look forward to that good day :)

I got very suicidal when this first hit me. Completely worry free until I was 19. Sat at my PC one night, BOOM. Started worrying about different things. Searching my past. Downward spiral. University work went down the pan. Suicidal thoughts, wrote a suicide note and everything. But carried on, not sure how. And now, even though I am perhaps still severely depressed, I don't get the urge for suicide any more. Because simply, there is always hope. Remember, any thing is better than nothing at all.

Guest Daniel1992

yes OCD is chronic but it can be controlled. Since I developed OCD I personally have always disliked when people, namely health professionals say this is chronic because the use of the word can unnerve people, it has certainly unnerved me in the past. Yes you will always have OCD, but when you learn to control it, it will not bother you like it used to, if it even bothers you at all. I know when I have bad days it feels like I will never get better, but when the good days come I sometimes forget about my OCD, or it rarely takes up 20 minutes of my day.

I had a bad week a few weeks ago, my OCD gave me a doubt that knocked me for six and I ended up phoning all sorts of helplines and going to hospital, but the week after I was fine, and it felt as if the week before had happened to someone who wasn't me.

The fact you are still here makes me think part of you believes you can beat this. You say you are frightened of feeling like this forever? Isn't that all or nothing thinking? Is there not a rather large chance this isn't the going to be the case and you will get better?

bruces, I dont have OCD, my son does and I promise you there is no 'normal'. Yes some people sail through life pretty much untouched, but many many people have huge problems in their lives to overcome. Mine is a son with OCD, a daughter who had leukaemia, thankfully now well with her own family and a brush with cancer!

I wouldnt dream of telling you to pull yourself together, because I know with OCD you cant, but I will tell you to look at those people on here who have posted, whose lives have felt as bad as yours does right now, but have managed to get it under control and are leading happy lives, despite some still struggling and some having difficult blips to cope with.

OCD has destroyed my son's life, but he battles on. He too wishes a lot of the time that he had never been born (which is different to actually wanting to kill himself), but 2 years ago he became an Uncle and his little niece brought happiness into his life.

Unless I read it wrongly you are still at work? Why arent you there? First of all you need to find out whether you can reverse your decision about redundancy. No point in all this worry if you cant. Then talk to your Dad. Do you have to be the person actually maintaining the vehicles? Are you qualified to do that anyway? Tell him of your worries. Make sure there is a transition period where you work together.

I cant remember how long you have been on this medication, but the dosage may been upping, or a different one. My son has been on so many different ones, I have to take the leftovers back to the chemist on a regular basis!

Now get washed, dressed, have breakfast and perhaps make a list of things you need to do and start ticking them off. Plenty of people on here will support you, you're not alone and you can do it!

Carol