no desire to live

I have emailed head office regarding reversal but even if it was granted i wouldnt know what to do such is the extent of my indecision,im constantly thinking that i dont want to be here i wish there was something where you could start life over without the devastating effects of suicide but i also think you wouldnt prolong the suffering of an animal like this,i know il never take any enjoyment out of life im struggling to see any alternative

take your thoughts seriously. It is worth going to a Doctor and explaining how you feel. They might change your meds or up the dosage. When ive been suicidal ive found it helpful to read about it. "Night falls fast" by Kay Jamison is very good. You could try speaking to Samaritans if talking helps. Its important you reach out to people and dont go into a closed world. Please take care

Ive now heard that the decision can possibly be reversed this has put even more spin in my head if i was to stay id be letting my dad down and possibly losing out on an oppurtunity my head is in bits,i just dont know where to turn??

Guest Annabel

That's great Bruces. Whichever decision you make there will be big advantages- if you stay in your job, you know that you get on okay there and are reasonably paid. If you change to your Dad's business you will also have quite good pay and be in charge of yourself. Rather than thinking you can't win either way (because of the disadvantages of either), try to see it as you can't lose, because there are ups to either choice! xx

Ive weighed up the pros and cons and still cant decide the company i work for is due to be sold next year so things could change overnight if i were to be movf to a different dept it could be disastrous to me with my ocd but on the other hand i may not on another topic my ex girlfriend that i still think about all the time has asked if im going out at the wkend as she is going out and wants to meet up and im already starting to read too much into this do you think i should go or best not to put myself in a vunerable position

Guest neverend

I'm so sorry you feel this way my friend. My heart goes out to you. I won't say that i know how you feel because that can be a kind of irritating thing to hear, even when a person means well, which it's important to remember they do. Because in reality no one REALLY knows how another person feels. But i will say that I am sure everyone on this website is or has felt simliar emotions. I know i do. As i write this i do. This will pass mate. Please hang in there.

i cant make a decision i just cant!!

you can. Make it , because you chose the change, and now ocd screwed it. So the initial choice was i want a change, so you want that, take it, take

the leap of faith. Let the ocd what ifs come in.

i dont think i want to now

Yes you do. ocd has prevented you, so you take that leap of faith matey. Its awful feeling knowing what to decide ( got the hat and tshirt ) so go with

the gut instinct, roll the sleeves up make it a bruces 1 ocd 0

like my misery is my comfort zone and i cant be bothered to be any different

yep very common, to afraid to change, but easy to say, difficult to implement

Edited by legend
Guest Daniel1992

I was going through a similar thing, thinking I didn't want to get better, but that can sometimes but just another trick OCD has up it's sleeve, it makes you doubt that you want to get better, it makes you doubt the future, after all your anxiety wants to know that you will be 100% fine and that the future will be perfect, and that is something it just can't get. At the moment I am trying to live every day as it comes and not get too bogged down with what will happen in the future.