no desire to live

Guest Daniel1992

I'd agree that at the moment, increased stress might not be the best thing, but you will eventually have to face your fears. Are you on meds btw? And are you eating healthy and eating exercise? If you aren't I recommend you do, if I myself don't eat well i find myself feeling worse.

Guest Daniel1992

They just check up on you, make sure you are okay, and they are someone to talk to about your troubles who can maybe help as they have insight that perhaps other people such as your family don't. You are entitled to all the help you can get in beating this, I suggest using it.

its not for me,how is someone coming round my house meant to help a mental illness

they will help you to deal with your mental health, in the same way someone would be treated for another illness.

Maybe also another session of cbt would be beneficial bruces, not only for ocd but also the depressive side.

i dont know if im entitled to legend as ive just had a 20 week course,the probkem is i ant interact with it my checking issues on cars seem to take a much more serious issue than taps and door locks maybe because the consequences are worse,im guessing that even with the ocd under control the indecision will always be there?

Guest Unknowngirl44

hi Bruces. I get paralysing, all consuming indecision too which leads to massive anxiety. I also get depression and know how terrible it is. However, u must realise it clouds ur judgement. Please go to a and e. They are trained for all emergencies and urs is just as worthy of help as any other. Also they will have seen people feelibg suicidal plenty of times before. Please go. I know you will be better one day soon xx

i dont know if im entitled to legend as ive just had a 20 week course,the probkem is i ant interact with it my checking issues on cars seem to take a much more serious issue than taps and door locks maybe because the consequences are worse,im guessing that even with the ocd under control the indecision will always be there?

What did you do cbt wise, and exposure stuff during the 20 week session ?

Perhaps that you had depression running alongside that could of hindered the cbt as well.

I think you can ask for more if it wasnt successful mate

The indecisiveness is difficult, but i think when you make a desicion, then perhaps you have to follow it through, and

carry on with the uneasy feelings. if that makes sense

Also what did you do cognitivley, in the way you changed you mental approach to the ocd ?

Guest Unknowngirl44

Well I havent mastered the indecision to be honest. It tears me up for months. But this is just an obsessive symptom. People tell me the decisions i obsess over arent nearly as important as i give them credit for so i guess thats the answer-realise its not actually so important. The world will keep spinning no matter what u choose xx

Guest Unknowngirl44

thats what i do. i obsess every second of every day, ask (repeatedly) anyone who will listen, draw up pros and cons lists, disect them, ask ppl again. for weeks, months sometimes. Its not the key to happiness i.can tell u. its led to my depression on many occasion. best off picking one option and just accepting it. thinking more will not lead u closer to a solution, will drive u furthrr into confusion. any decision is better than indecision. make it and ull set urself free xx

i think il probably try to reverse the redundancy as i think its the easiest option,im in my comfort zone there,i was set tasks to expose myself to legend but i didnt work hard enough to do it,i was told to try to find positives in things and look for oppurtunities but im such a natural pessimist

yeah i suppose i told myself from the start it wouldnt work thats what i always do

and thats where a good therapist would look at the depressive approach, and work at getting you better cognitivley

depression wise. If you go into something that does work, with the mental attitude of it wont then thats a recipe

for failing :O(

I believe that with the "right" help bruces, im certain that you will get better for the long term as well.

how many sets of cbt have you had in the past ? and what types of meds have you had, and were they monitored properly

had two cbt one nhs one private at £100 a session think its down to me to be honest till i get a better attitude i dont think anything will work,i cant blame the therapist basically when it boils down to it i cant be bothered to get better,i cant seem to change that attitutde bn on prozac for a lot of years then changed to sertraline,like i say i think i revel in my misery thats mad aint it

not mad, just sad that your brain is poorly isnt it.:O( but its not uncommon for people to take that approach, if they

are in a depressive mind when entering cbt

you can have more cbt on the nhs buddy, and it is something you should contemplate.

unless you try youll never know is my mantra, and if you do try, and fail, at least you can say i gave it a go.

A whats the point attitude, doesnt work, laziness doesnt help :( but what you have to do is take one day at a time

bruce, sow the seeds, and reap it when it grows.

should i try get my job back you think?

thats a desicion you have to make my friend. sadly ocd does cause horrid indecisiveness, but as i said earlier, there has to

come a point where go for it,despite the horrid feelings, because by doing so, in theory we are changing the way we respond

to it all

i could of said yes, i could of said no, but what ever i said it wouldnt of been right ( and yes i still have this flippin form

of ocd stuck, but its been a stress induced reason ... GGRRRRRRRR !!!!!)