End of the world obssestive thoughts

I think i have OCD because i have obssestive thoughts and am handwashing a lot and cleaning

i also hear voices that tell me to do things like self injure or overdose

The thoughts am having at the moment is about the end of the world am scared it going to happen

it upsets me so much that i would rather die that face it anbd am scared for people

Its gotten to the point where i cant read the news or go on posts on forums about the world ending

the voices told me to cut or its going to happen and its will be my fault if it does

am so scared i dont know what to do

i dont have a threapist and i have never told my dr about my OCD

Guest arctic_vixen80

I was talking to my partner about this and he said that not even the Mayans believe the world is gonna end. He said it's just the start of a new calendar or something.

im still eating the baked beans i purchased from the last time the world was going to end ....... back in 2000 thats now 6 ive lived through in my lifetime.

joking aside as ocd is a very serious thing :( , its what we do with the triggers that matters most., and id suggest working at using cbt techniques on this

particular trigger like any other trigger

Guest Steve1983

I don't post anymore, although I do read the posts..........but I am going to intrude here because nothing sensible has been done.

You mention you have a voice telling you to harm yourself. Can your hear the voice? Is it a thought or an actual voice?

Guest Annabel

I agree with Arctic, it would be a really good idea to talk to your doctor about your OCD and ask to be referred for CBT.

Although you might have two different conditions, CBT might actually be helpful challenging the logic behind both problems and they seem to be interconnected but the symptom of hearing voices might complicate CBT treatment a bit

xx

Edited by Annabel

its an actual voice my dr knows i hear voices am on medication for it

have you been taking the med regularly alice, and is your dr aware that your hearing voices