Heading off to Australia for 2 weeks: a bit nervous!

Hey there!

How are you all? On Saturday, I am flying to Australia for 2 weeks and doing a trip up the West coast: involves, lots of travel, swimming, snorkel, scuba, hiking, camping etc...

I am travelling on my own and joining approx 15 people over there.

I have ocd and get thoughts that I might be gay, a paedophile or do harm etc...

I also get generalised anxiety...

So, I am looking forward to the trip, but also anxious. Hope I can control my ocd & take it all in.

I will be sharing dorms, and tents etc with another guy & this is actually making me a bit anxious...

Normally I get my own room; but it proved too expensive!

Tiger.

wow you're so lucky man! Deal with it just as you do in normal everyday life, I expect you will also be really busy, which is generally good for OCD. Even if things do get tough out there, just let the thoughts be there and continue to enjoy your holiday.

Guest akkers1

It wouldn't be right if you weren't nervous but you are going to have a brilliant time! Australia is a lovely country and I am sure you will enjoy every

experience. Try and get some sleep on the plane because it is a loooong way but hey you are so lucky. Just try and enjoy it all and realise it

won't last forever so you need to lap it up while you can. Hopefully you will be so busy enjoying the weather etc. that you won't have time to

ruminate.

Hey! Thanks a mil for the replies!

I am starting to pack already..

Am a bit nervous about the accomodation issue; sharing a tent: normally i get my own room as its nice to have your space. Also i have been known to snore a little, so am worried about annoying someone...

I have had amazing travels over the past few years.... I really want to live in the moment, take it in & just be myself, without trying to overly impress, entertaining .... When my ocd is rocking & rolling i can over talk, try to impress & people please!

Thank u!

Tiger.

Guest Hockey30

Hope you have a great time Tigershark. I am off to Australia in February for a year. Can't wait, but I am a little nervous about my OCD spoiling it for me. Just got to take each day as it comes and try and make the most of it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi from Perth! I am heading home tomorrow after a fab 2 weeks in Western Australia: is wild, hot & beautiful.

It was tough at times with 4:30am starts & 10 hour bus journeys, & 50 degree heat: i also had 1/2 ocd spikes: but i didnt let it bother me too much.

Just to say thank you for your support & hopedully i'll settle quickly back to Winter @ home!!

Tiger

Guest sarah1984

Glad to hear you had such a good time Tiger! I'm very envious but I'm not sure I could cope with 50 degree heat. Hope it's not too much of a shock returning to January in Ireland. :original: