About to go see my gp....

Guest Lostie

Guest sarah1984

I'd start off with the ice breaker. Do you think jotting down some notes might be helpful? Make sure you cover the history of the problem, your current OCD symptoms and how they affect your daily life. What do you want to get out of the appointment? Are you interested in medication or CBT? Do you have any questions you'd like to ask your GP?

Good luck with your appointment!

Sarah

Guest Lostie

Went alright thanks for asking, I'm not sure if he thinks I have ocd or not. My pocd flared right up in the waiting room though as there were loads of children and one point I felt like I was actually having urges towards them and got freaked out if one came to close to me, even though no attraction at all, I like men, so in many ways I feel worse, now lying in bed, can't get out because I don't know what I'm getting out for or what to do, I'm just so consumed by this and nothing else, so scared right now or whats going to happen to me.....

I showed him the ice breaker sheet and he just asked me some questions which were incredibly difficult to answer, anyway he gave me some Lexapro which should help with my mood and anxiety within a few days, I have to go to him next week for a blood test and see how the meds are going and then after that he'll help refer me to some cbt or to a psychiatrist.

Guest Hockey30

Okay well thats good news Lostie. There is always a fear when going to the doctors that they will react badly or not the way you would like them to react when you tell them what is going on. Alot of the time people come away from an appointment feeling even more worried because the GP may have asked some questions that feel intrusive/strange etc. Generally, though, I believe that this is because mental health and OCD in particular is still relatively new ground, and I think that doctors are still learning about this year on year.

Step in the right direction though, the Lexapro should help take the edge off the anxiety.