New here....help!

Guest Hunnibee85

Guest Hunnibee85

Hi all,

I'm new to this site so thought I would introduce myself.

I've only recently realised I suffer from OCD but have been a long time suffer of depression. I get the checking & re-checking of things along with intrusive thoughts with on their own not nice at all. I also suffer with ROCD & my relationships used to last a good few months or years but now only seem to get to the few days or weeks time frame & I get the panic & anxiety & the questioning of whether I want to be with the person or if I actually find them attractive. It's a bloody nightmare & I just wish I could stop this or help it.

Makes me sad

HB x

Guest bluecanary

Hi Hunnibee, and welcome!

I can definitely relate to what you're going through (I think we all can!), and I think part of what OCD does is it makes us question everything about our lives, things that other people normally take for granted. It's okay to wonder and even to analyze things now and then - it's a natural part of human curiosity - but the main problem with OCD is that it just doesn't know when to quit! I moved 3500 miles across the US to be with my boyfriend, and right now I've got no job and no money. He takes very good care of me, but naturally that makes me all the more afraid that I'll lose him. Every time he gets a text message or an email, I think to myself, "Is that another girl? Is he cheating on me?" even though he has never given me any reason at all not to trust him. I think part of what kicks my worrying into overdrive is that I've got so much at stake. It definitely presents an obstacle, but I think just realizing that my OCD is what's causing me to worry about all of this is definitely helping.

Good luck on your journey - I'm new here myself and I've found the folks here to be very helpful and supportive so far! :original:

Guest Hunnibee85

Thank you bluecanary :) I'm so glad people understand & that isn't that your a lil bit crazy!

I do feel for you as I've been there & done that. I wish you all the luck in the world & hope things get better for you too!

Feel free to message me or anything if you want to talk or stay in contact would be nice to talk to like minded people :)

HB x