no zest for life!!

hi

i'm not sure what stage youre at with treatment, or if you are on any medication. But do go to the doctor and talk, explain how depressed you feel.

I am sure youve got friends and family that you could ring up and have a chat with about this.

i have had depression, its like being taken over by an alien force :) the life force is zapped out of you and its too much to do anything - but there are solutions, there are ways to combat this, small steps, achieving something even if its just something tiny it all helps.

do go and talk to someone, there is help there

take care xx

Hello Bruce

Don't think that you have to suddenly magically 'get zest' - you do what you feel you need to do in the moment. It's like a set of building blocks; you build up slowly, you start small. Don't put pressure on yourself and do please speak to someone. You don't have to do this on your own. :)

C x

Edited by Cub
Guest starsintheireyes

I feel like this sometimes bruces. It's horrible :( I'm lucky in that atm I tend to have better days than bad. The only advise I can give you is don't be hard on yourself, take each day as it comes, do exercise and try and force yourself to go out and do things. As Cub has also pointed out above, do talk to someone about how you're feeling. It will help. x

What do you do when you have no zest for life and just cant be bothered to do anything even simple things like washing etc i dontto want to work and cant see what the future holds for me it just looks very bleak

Ok Bruce let me ask you a question.

What would you like to do, or achieve with life, if you felt better? For example, would you like to travel to somewhere in the UK or world? Would you like to compete in a marathon or cycling event, or achieve something within your career?

Guest Christian002

For me, I compare how I am feeling now to another point in my life where I felt even worse. This sometimes helps, as I realise that things can get better and life does carry on. It makes you accept that you can improve and you can be happy.

Hi ashley the problem is i dont really know what i want to do,id just settle for being happy but i dont really see that possible,i just have an amazingly negative outlook on life as ive been so unhappy for such a long time,i mentioned before that ive accepted volentary redundancy in the respect that i was going to run my dads business but i dont see myself being capable with my attitude,my current job sees me being able to get away with doing very little and get reasonably well paid but with current restructering going on i dont think it will last,i just get the feeling there isnt really a place for me in life!!