I just can't trust...

Guest thefleurinator

Guest thefleurinator

I am finding things really hard with the boyfriend, I'm finding that I can't even trust myself (i.e trusting I have definitely unplugged something or turned off the shower) so how can I trust him? I have severe issues with jealousy, I think mainly caused by the OCD, and I am finding that no matter what he says, I just don't believe him. He has this female friend who he is constant communication with, and he says they definitely do not fancy each other, but I just simply cannot believe him. I just don't know what to do. It's not just a few texts here and there, it's probably around the 50+ texts a day mark, plus seeing each other, and then getting straight back on to the texting.

On a different note I can't stop checking things, such as taps, doors, plugs etc and it's really getting me down. I have been to the doctor, who has referred me for counselling (I was previously seeing someone and undertakig CBT, but due to having to move I could no longer continue with the sessions). I was referred in february time, and they sent me a form to fill in/it was filled in around april time, I have called them and I apparently was going to be seen soon. This was back in november time, so I have been waiting essentially a year now.

I just don't know how to cope, as although I know the whole relationship thing isn't my fault, it probably isn't helped by my own insecurities. I know this isn't particularly concise but anyone got any thoughts?

Guest Christian002

I understand that you have jealousy and trust issues, but at the same time, I think anyone would become suspicious, issues or not. You are telling yourself that's it could be your ocd, but to be quite honest I don't think that's the case. I can't see why he would be in constant touch with her and message 50+ times a day. especially if he knows about your ocd, he should be aware that his relationship with this woman isn't going to do you any favours.