Scared

Guest Misscovertcompulsive

I've been feeling worse and worse over the last few days and now I'm completely panicking about hearing voices. I always have racing thoughts and it seems like my mind never shuts up then I worry over this being normal, I was worrying about this tonight so I started googling and reading schiz forums and googling what the difference between normal thoughts and hallucinations. I'm so terrified right now, I keep thinking to myself I'm not hearing anything and then I get a thought that's like 'yeah you are' I'm so scared what is this? I'm really terrified that I'm losing it now :( I don't know what to do. How can you tell the difference between hallucinating thoughts and your own!? I read some thoughts are hallucinations and some are your own! I can't take this anymore I can't explain how worried I am now I'm shaking so much! I keep pretending to talk to myself in my head to figure out if there is another voice there? I feel completely crazy! Is there anyone that's been through this? :(

Guest Christian002

I've pretty much worried about everything since suffering with anxiety and panic attacks. Losing my mind being one of them. I used to be convinced that I was insane, and used to cry myself to sleep. That was a long time ago, and it turned out that it was anxiety and panic attacks. I still suffer with anxiety and ocd, which I probably will for the rest of my life. It seems to latch onto new things that you've never ruminated about before. So probably when you are convinced that you are not suffering from schizophrenia, it will probably move onto new thoughts that it will prey on. I seriously doubt that you have schizophrenia or going crazy. The fact that you have identified that you have a problem goes a long way. I know of someone who suffers from schizophrenia and the last thing he would do is go on a Internet forum asking for help.

Guest justkeepswimming

Hi, you're definitely not alone on this one, i think google can be ocd's worst enemy at times. Try to relax if you can and step away from google now!

Thank you!

Sorry to hear you've experienced this terrible thing. There is part of me trying to be logical but when I'm in this state it just doesn't work, I feel horrible. I'm really terrified, I'm exhausted but I can't sleep because I'm worrying about this so much trying to figure out whether my thinking is normal or not!! It is torture. Every little noise I hear I question whether it was real or not I'm scared to look at anything in case I see something that isn't real :( I'm at such a low point now it's hard to see the way through this :( my ocd mainly focuses on hallucinations or harm, I've been diagnosed gad aswel so basically I'm just a big ball of anxiety!! I hate this so much, how can thoughts produce this much anxiety!

Guest sarah1984

Thoughts can produce crippling anxiety, I know! What you are currently experiencing is classic of people who suffer from obsessions about schizophrenia. Unfortunately, consulting Dr Google and posting on schizophrenia forums will only make this worse. I know it's incredibly hard but you've really got to resist the urge to engage with these thoughts and to try and rationalise this obsession because it won't get you anywhere. Constantly checking yourself to try and establish whether you are hallucinating or not is a reassurance seeking compulsion and needs to be resisted. Remember that you can't out logic OCD! I hope that you managed to get to sleep and that today's a better day for you.

Take Care,

Sarah

Hello, thank you Sarah!

I've got on with things I needed to do today but the fear has been with me all day :( I feel so strange, like I'm here but my heads away thinking constantly about random things, repeating random conversations and questioning whether my thoughts are mine! I'm very tired but so anxious I really feel like googling but I haven't yet today. I hate being on my own especially at night my mind just goes crazy with thoughts and then i start panicking like last night!!

The constant thinking is worrying its so random and usually isn't anything to do with what I'm doing at the time.. Anyone else get that?

Xxx

Hi,

I have similar problem like you...that schiz fear like I am convincing myself that I have it.One doc told me that Paranoid type of schiz can be developed in after 30s so I am.obsessed with that.After i started to get paranoid thoughts that I saw on schiz forums that I know they are irrational but I always seek for reassurance ...main thing is stop to google.I talked with 5 shrinks in last 2 months and all said that I am not schizo..but I cant convince.myself