Can anyone relate? (Analysing)

Guest Paul92

Just wondered if anyone can relate to how this gets a grip on me. I seem to analyse my actions all the time. I analyse my thoughts. I analyse so many aspects of my life. I'm always thinking if something is 'weird' or socially acceptable and what others would think. I have weird habits that never used to bother me, but now I hate them and the natural urge to carry them on makes me feel down.

Also, I find myself doing things that normally I just wouldnt do. Like, if I haven't washed my hands, and I go for a biscuit or get some ham out of a packet, if I touch another biscuit or slice of ham that I am not using, I have to eat it because I wouldn't want anyone else getting my germs. I never used to be like this.

I am trying to implement the four steps. But I don't do it in four steps. I just keep telling myself its OCD, and for once, I am believing it is, which I never used to.

Its really starting to grind me down :(

Guest eternallymissed

Hi Paul.

Yes, I think I analyse a fair bit, although depends how bad I am and what themes I'm obsessing over

at the time. I also worry about touching food and people getting my germs, but it's reasonably well under control.

At least you are telling yourself it's ocd, and trying to carry out the steps.

This OCD battle seems very hard work sometimes.

Hope you feel a bit better soon. These things do wear us down sometimes x

Guest irretractable

I can definitely relate. It's like there's two parts of me - one part trying to live life and one part critiquing the other part of me. What did I really do? What did I really mean to do? What were my true intentions? How do others percieve me? What might others think of my actions? What impact might my actions have on others? And on and on...it's endless. It gets really tiring.

Guest Christian002

I can understand...I constantly analyse everything. Everything I do and say has to be surveyed by be. How did they interpret it? What do they think of me? Have I used the right tone? Have they misread my txt message? Sometimes things get to deep to the point where I can't cope and just want something to numb my thoughts. At the minute I'm not too bad, but occasionally I go into a state of obsessing over existence and the universe etc. this causes depersonalisation for me and feelings if being trapped in a wierd dream. It's horrible, and just a living misery. I'm not even sure if its the sertraline working or I have just snapped out of it myself. Possibly the drugs working, so that's probably what's worked for me. I don't know how deep your analysing is, but for me it got that bad that I needed something, so maybe speaking with your doctor is a good idea. Apart from that I don't know what to recommend, because for me I couldn't see a way out. Good luck and I hope you overcome this