ocd and getting married, advice needed please

Hi, this is my boyfriends username since i couldnt use a computer a while ago and i havent got around to getting my own.

I am an ocd sufferer of 10 years soon and i am somewhat on the way to recovery. I kind of gave up compulsing a year and a half ago because i was unhappy compulsion or not. I have got much better but i still mentally compulse almost accidentally so still suffer regurlarly. I always try never to compulse and never choose to.

Anyway, i got engaged in november to my lovely boyfriend and we booked the wedding for this summer. As i expected ocd ruined the happiness the event should bring about and now i want to give up entirely on everything. I know compulsing isnt what i want to do or what i will do, but i need advice?

Do i be unhappy all through the planning to not compulse?

Do i call it quits and try to get better before i get married in case it drags my improvement back?

Do i move it forward to get the unhappiness over sooner?

I am determined that i will get married eventually, whatever. All i want is to feel the happiness all brides should feel, please be honest, your advice would be welcome

xx

Guest Nikki79

Hi there I really sympathise with you. OCD reeks havoc especially when you most need it not to. I hate holidays cos its ruined every single one for me. Simple life pleasures become a nightmare when they shouldn't. Are you seeing a Therapist for OCD?

No, not any more. I have seen a threapist before but private is so expensive and waiting lists are so long that even though it would be good to talk to one now, i dont think it is practical. I am against time limits for cancelling with deposits and stuff