Train journey

Guest Pootle

Guest Pootle

hi guys=

hope u r all ok today. I am very nervous- i am going on a long train journey tomorrow. something i have avoided for a year.

I am very worried about this but am going to be with my mum for a week so the reward is there at the end. I am determined I will do it but it will be hard.

Fears are choking or some sort of health problem and being too far from a hospital (and on a moving train)

Please indulge me for a minute as I hink out how will cope.

1) DISTRACTION

will have stereo, magazines, paper, books... flippin anything I can think of.

2) THOUGHT PROCESS

Ok- may be this should have been number 1!!. I am no more likely to have a problem on a train than in my house right now and I can manage being in my house.

It is very unlikely that there will be a problem as I am in good health.

If there is a problem I can seek help and trust medically qualified people to deal with me

If I dont challenge this it will get so I dont do anything!! This is so I can see my family and i must fight it.

I feel as though I am cheating as I still wont eat anything "dangerous" before hand or during so I will be flippin starvig by the time I get there!! Anyway- i am hoping I am not a massive chicken as i am still challenging it, just maybe not 100%. I just feel 100% is too much for me right now.

Thanks for reading- i wondered, does anyone else have any other coping mechanisms I may try??

Thanks

V

xxxxxxxx

Guest ScottOCDid
Thanks for reading- i wondered, does anyone else have any other coping mechanisms I may try??

46859[/snapback]

Just be strong, and be sure to go through with the trip :thumbup:

In the extremely unlikely event of any sudden health issue, you're best off in a public place with lots of people around, especially in these days of strict health & safety policy - meaning that lots of people around you are likely to be trained in first aid.

Anyway, I shouldn't really go down the reassurance route; just have a relaxing journey... and lots of fun when you get to your destination. :huh:

Cheers,

Scott

Guest heavenbound alien

how did the train journey go

hi guys=

hope u r all ok today. I am very nervous- i am going on a long train journey tomorrow. something i have avoided for a year.

I am very worried about this but am going to be with my mum for a week so the reward is there at the end. I am determined I will do it but it will be hard.

Fears are choking or some sort of health problem and being too far from a hospital (and on a moving train)

Please indulge me for a minute as I hink out how will cope.

1) DISTRACTION

will have stereo, magazines, paper, books... flippin anything I can think of.

2) THOUGHT PROCESS

Ok- may be this should have been number 1!!. I am no more likely to have a problem on a train than in my house right now and I can manage being in my house.

It is very unlikely that there will be a problem as I am in good health.

If there is a problem I can seek help and trust medically qualified people to deal with me

If I dont challenge this it will get so I dont do anything!! This is so I can see my family and i must fight it.

I feel as though I am cheating as I still wont eat anything "dangerous" before hand or during so I will be flippin starvig by the time I get there!! Anyway- i am hoping I am not a massive chicken as i am still challenging it, just maybe not 100%. I just feel 100% is too much for me right now.

Thanks

V

xxxxxxxx

46859[/snapback]

Guest Pootle
how did the train journey go

47408[/snapback]

ok... so the result.

I managed it. I did it I did it I did it. yey for me.

It was a flippin nightmare as v busy in way up and so I paid an exorbitatnt amiunt to upgrade so I could actually have a seat. was ok though- distraction is defo the way forward for me.

I hate it still- felt physically sick and shaking and stuff but the bottom line is that I did it and had a lovely week with mum.