I'm The Freak Because Of My OCD

Guest FlyingEagle

hmm well i felt a bit like that in the place i grew up in but i am somewhere else now... i find as you get older you don't really care what other people think

What the others said. We're all different - and we all have different problems, and things about ourselves that make us feel different to others. I know a fair few people in my town, people I grew up with, who have had various mental disorders, and they're okay. You'll be okay as well.

C x

Guest faithless

Hey Tori... you are a freak. I'm a freak, too! And guess what, so is everybody else - even those without OCD.

I've often felt different (or, like a "freak"), but I'm gradually learning that such thoughts are pointless as we're all different, have our own issues and are trying to find our place in life. If you can show me one "normal" person then I'll take back my sentiments but I think you'll be searching for a long time considering normal doesn't actually exist. Just be yourself (OCD or not), and don't let other people dictate your life otherwise you might become an even bigger freak, and you don't want that... right? :wink:

Guest regainyourself

you're probably a 'freak', but as a faithless said, everyone's a freak!

here's why:

- EVERYONE gets irrational thoughts. (granted, only OCD sufferers analyse them, but everyone does anyway)

- EVERYONE has quirks, as mild as they may be.

- A lot of people have problems that they don't tell of. I've had OCD for 7-8 years, and I've only told a few people. That means that the majority of my friends have no clue that I have OCD. Think about it then --- many of your friends could have disorders. You could have friends with depression, eating disorders, anxiety disorders or even OCD, but you wouldn't know.

and here's the most important reason:

- OCD has made you who you are. It has opened your eyes to the human mind, and given you the most detailed tour of yourself you could have ever had. You are likely very aware of yourself, your surroundings, and your peers. As cruel as it is, try and find some comfort from what OCD gives you.

you're surrounded by freaks. just make sure you're the best of the lot! :D

Guest Nathan

Everyone's different. Everyone's a freak. We're just the best freaks... :original: I feel separated as well, because even though we speak to other people, i just don't feel like I 'fit in' properly, if you know what I mean? I feel like if there was one to be singled out in a group of people for being 'different' or 'weird', it would most likely be me.

As much pain as this bloody OCD causes me though, i'll be proud of who I am, because without it, I could be completely different. Everyone else is the same. One small difference about someone could have made them a completely different person. As RegainYourself said, other people have disorders they may be hiding too, something like 1 in 4 people deal with some form of mental illness during their lifetime, so that makes a lot of freaks out there! ;) Through thick and thin, we should be proud of who we are!

Guest Madison

yeah I feel like this! moastly coz my ocd actually stops me doing stuff. last year i had to choose my options (im in yr10 now) and i couldnt do some subjects like french because there was so much writing and one of my ocd compulsions is to repeat stuff, so doing school work is hard as i hav e to keep rubbing out, crossing out, until the uncomfortavle feeling goes away, and as a resukt my books r really messy and im really slow copying stuff down, and the teachers get angry with me :'(

Guest Nathan

yeah I feel like this! moastly coz my ocd actually stops me doing stuff. last year i had to choose my options (im in yr10 now) and i couldnt do some subjects like french because there was so much writing and one of my ocd compulsions is to repeat stuff, so doing school work is hard as i hav e to keep rubbing out, crossing out, until the uncomfortavle feeling goes away, and as a resukt my books r really messy and im really slow copying stuff down, and the teachers get angry with me :'(

I used to do this when I was at school (at college now), I know how you feel, it's so annoying because you feel like a snail to everyone else and they can tell because you've barely done anything. My books used to have like a scribble on every sentence and because I was trying to be neat it really annoyed me. I always had to have my equipment specifically organised and when people took it off me I wasn't very happy. I beat it to the point where it wasn't a problem for me though anymore, just think of it this way if it helps, scribbling out the word isn't going to change the meaning of it or your grade because they aren't connected. I don't feel like i should be giving out advice right now because i'm in a bad phase but if it helps you, it helps you. :)

Guest Madison

hi yeah its so fustrating, it isnt that i have to have my work neat, when i write say a word and i feel really uncomfortavble, get images in my head and i have to cross it out, my school books are one big mess, and i just feel like the bad thought that says something will hapeen will actually happen, yeah i do tell myself its stupid and stuff but sometimes its like so weird just have to cross it out or i feel really strange, like haunted or something. really scary! I knw its in my head, but it can feel quite real :s

Hope your ok!

Madison

I used to do this when I was at school (at college now), I know how you feel, it's so annoying because you feel like a snail to everyone else and they can tell because you've barely done anything. My books used to have like a scribble on every sentence and because I was trying to be neat it really annoyed me. I always had to have my equipment specifically organised and when people took it off me I wasn't very happy. I beat it to the point where it wasn't a problem for me though anymore, just think of it this way if it helps, scribbling out the word isn't going to change the meaning of it or your grade because they aren't connected. I don't feel like i should be giving out advice right now because i'm in a bad phase but if it helps you, it helps you. :)

Guest Nathan

I used to get anxious that my work and grades would be bad if I didn't cross it out and rewrite it 'perfectly' so obviously I done it a lot. It does seem irrational when you think about it but that's OCD for you, at the time it feels completely real.