Depression and OCD

Lately I have been feeling depressed and I know this is an OCD forum but I wondered if the symptoms I have sound like depression:

Feeling bored all the time, tired and want to sleep a lot, lost interest in hobbies, lack of motivation, generally low mood, suicidal thoughts,

Thanks

Guest Osiring

Hello, Tori. The symptoms that you are experiencing does sound like depression but I am no expert. How long have these thoughts been lasting? Are you able to go to your GP? Are you at school / college? How's your attendance? Sorry about the questions, feel free not to answer just trying to help as much as possible :)

Lately I have been feeling depressed and I know this is an OCD forum but I wondered if the symptoms I have sound like depression:

Feeling bored all the time, tired and want to sleep a lot, lost interest in hobbies, lack of motivation, generally low mood, suicidal thoughts,

Thanks

Hi, thanks for replying. They have been around for a few months now. I am at college but keep missing lessons to just sleep or because i feel so stressed i cant focus xx

Guest HawkMothGirl

Hi there :) im really sorry you are feeling so bad.

It does sound like depression, which I suffer from myself, so I know exactly where you are coming from. I would recommend going to see your doctor asap just talking to someone sometimes helps. I have always found my depression and ocd have gone hand in hand, ocd is so draining and this does not help any depressive symptoms, have you got any support? Friends or family? Dont bottle it up, I hope you feel better soon.

Guest regainyourself

Hi, i'm new here!

I know how you feel.

I've recently made a massive conscious effort to help my OCD, but in doing so I use up practically ALL of my emotional and mental energy.

It feels as though my compulsions have been mainly replaced by a general low feeling, feeling dark and sad a lot of the time.

I have little motivation to do things, and spend a lot of time laying in bed. I avoid decisions and spontaneity, but also a lack of will to do things.

Guest Osiring

Same here about not focusing and missing lessons, have you tried talking to a member of staff you can trust - e.g. tutor?

Edited by Osiring
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Nathan

I don't think that I have depression, but i can associate with some of the feelings of a low mood. i don't feel too bad right now but a week or two ago i felt horrible. I kept thinking about suicide as an option to escape from this, just wanted to cry and not speak to anyone, detached myself from college and everyone there, ocd got reaaally bad. then i had a period of being like hyper happy, i'm not sure why, but then i feel like i am now. i don't feel particularly down or upset, but i seem to be bored no matter what i'm doing, have no aspiration to concentrate and do well at college (i usually want to achieve my best) and my ocd is still pretty bad. my parents also keep saying i seem a bit 'withdrawn' recently? like i'm not talking that much and stuff but i don't notice this. maybe that's just me though, who knows?

Guest Paige

I feel exactly the same things and don't know what to do. Have you tried telling anyone about it? And is it ever worse at specific periods of the day for you? I hope it gets better :)