OCD Article in the Sun

i'm really sorry hun :(

it makes me sad to hear of your experiences - really really sad

- for what its worth i have paid a heavy price for my ocd - i now have only half of my heart working as i had a massive heart attack as a direct result of ocd - i have been told that the damage is so bad that i could die at any time and the heart will never repair

- i have also lost jobs through ocd and not worked for 12 years

- i have not many friends left to loose because the ocd has isolated me so much that i can go weeks without seeing another living person to touch except for 2 family members

i am waiting for an operation to rule out uterus cancer but its so risky putting me under anaestetic due to my heart that they just dont know what to do with me

so i know the price we pay for ocd - and the price is too high

its so sad that we all have to carry this **** :(

i said before in my post though, hunny if people laugh at us that says more about them than it ever says about us ...... we dont need people like that in our lives - the people worth it will stay and try their best to understand

i am sorry that you feel the pressures mmate of living with this - and if i could bear the burden for you i would

i wish you well love xx

Thanks Hun xx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Worry

It's a double edged sword for me. It frustrates me that sometimes I have to tell people how bad it actually is, but at the same time it doesn't carry some of the stigmas other mental illnesses do. As we know OCD can be quite dark, and i'm not sure if I would want perception in general to go too much the other way. In some ways it's good to be able to tell people I have a mental illness, and their only misconception is that I really like to line up my tinned groceries. Perhaps if I told them I had something else, their misconceptions might be more troubling.

So yeah, immensely frustrating but it could be worse.