Uh-oh

Guest NickNickNick

Guest NickNickNick

I'm not one to use these boards for my own problems, but that's what they're here for.

My girlfriend just broke up with me...kinda unexpected for me.

Problem is, the last time this happened, my OCD came back and hit me with full force.

I have some Prozac left over from the last time, so I am going to start that again tonight just in case...wondering how others deal with this best...

Funny...I do all this research my whole life on relationships and what works and doesn't ...and then get blindsided.

Oh well.

Guest alpha

Hi Nick,

My girlfriend just broke up with me...kinda unexpected for me.

I'm really sorry about your news. :thumbup:

Problem is, the last time this happened, my OCD came back and hit me with full force.

Well, it may do that this time, it may not too. From the posts you make, which are always helpful and insightful :partytime: , I suspect you've moved on alot in your knowledge, understanding and knowledge about OCD since then, so you will probably be stronger now anyway? Anyhow, everyone can have relapses, absolutely anyone, and that's okay, I think it's great that you can use this board to get some support when you give support out. :clapping:

Funny...I do all this research my whole life on relationships and what works and doesn't ...and then get blindsided.

Ah well, you can't see into the future, and you're not perfect, so don't beat yourself up about it mate.

Take care,

Alpha

Very sorry to hear that Nick. Please feel very free to use everyone here to help you, too. We will do our best (while perhaps avoiding too much reassurance if it's OCD related!), but if you want to vent about how you feel that's fine, too.

All the best

Stephen

Guest kezia

dear nicknicknick

im having problems with my b/f too and its very stressful - i can actually see us breaking up and im most afraid - there were times when my ocd became worse after a break up and others when it actually got better, not because i felt free or anything , it was always terrible, but i was forced to go out as i felt panicky and lonely and had to deal with things - hmmm now this sounds more frightening than helpful i suppose :partytime: - all i wanted to say is i know how you feel and plz feel free to pm me any time if you wanna talk about it

all my love and best wishes

angel

Guest Dragonfruit
I'm not one to use these boards for my own problems, but that's what they're here for.

47103[/snapback]

Absolutely what they're here for

My girlfriend just broke up with me

47103[/snapback]

Really sorry to hear that :crybaby:

47103[/snapback]

Well - this time you are prepared for the possibility that it might happen again - "forewarned ....." and all that - accept that it might happen and recognise it for what it is.

I have some Prozac left over from the last time, so I am going to start that again tonight just in case...wondering how others deal with this best...

47103[/snapback]

Don't want to get all preachy here - but I think it would be a good idea to run this by your doc - at least so they know you are taking it again and can keep a record.

Really hope the OCD doesn't bite you in the :) again - last thing you need - but if it does - it's just the OCD - deal with it like you always do and you'll be fine

Hi NNN, I'm really sorry to hear about your breakup and that things didn't work out.

My best advice would be ANTICIPATE, anticipate that the feelings might return but 'know' that this is because of a period of stress, nothing more sinister.

For someone with no mental health problems relationship breakdowns can cause all sorts of anxiety/low mood, especially if it isn't by mutual agreement.

So be prepared and acknowledge that a blip is entirely normal and to be expected.

Only you can decide if resuming medication is what you want, make sure to check they're within their sell by date though

You are such an aware guy Nick, hopefully using all your skills and prior knowledge will help you to manage this difficult time. In the meantime lean on us as much as you want (I know what you mean though, I'm naughty about shouting out)

Hope things don't get too bumpy, if they do feel free to shout me

Good Luck Nick, take care

Caramoole :)

Guest hannahmaniac

Hey NickNickNick, I'm still getting used to the break up of me and my now ex-fella, been a month now, so talk to me whenever you want, we can both have a whinge :) Hannah x

Guest Smudger

Sorry mate. :crybaby:

Been 2 months for me, so I know what you're going through. Drop me a line if you fancy a chat. :)