I'm terrified of schizophrenia help

Guest Transcendental

Guest Transcendental

I think this is a new obsession. With OCD sometimes it feels like I will go mad, because of the intrusive thoughts, then I think I'm delusional and I will develop psychosis. Someone please help

Guest Danman67

Hey I have this feeling sometimes too, sometimes it feels like there's no escape and the anxiety is too overwhelming. I can assure you that anxiety comes and goes, and you are not going to develop psychosis. Realize this is just anxiety and let the thoughts go through. I actually just went through a while this morning when I felt like the anxiety was too much, and now I'm feeling pretty good. Maybe try some relaxation techniques such as mindfulness, just taking some time to focus on just your breathing. Stay strong, you will get through this :)

Guest KellyT

Transcendental, I've had this exact OCD! Years ago I was sure I was developing/going to develop schizophrenia. But the fact is 5 or so years later and I'm not schizophrenic, nor did I ever have or show any symptoms of it. It was as expected, completely my anxiety, as it is yours. You'll be fine!!

Guest pinkfrog24

Been there too years ago and thought I was in another world etc, every think felt surreal and would say and o bizarre things. It was caused by my intrusive thoughts and the constant high anxiety I felt. It's horrible but it gets better with treatment. I have had flare ups since but they subside quite quickly as I'm more able to deal with them now and know what they are.

Xxx