Introducing me - briefly

Guest ktams

Guest ktams

I'm Karen, 30 from Cornwall. I've suffered with OCD for nearly 20 years now, but I wasn't diagnosed until I turned 17, when I was also diagnosed with Endogenous Depression. Over the last 13 years I have tried several therapies, including CBT and have been on various SSRI/SNRI's. I have been medication free a few times, two of which were during pregnancies. My OCD has been relatively under control for a couple of years now.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Karen.

Glad to hear things are going wel for you Karen! Welcome to the our merry band of OCDers here in the forums! Hopefully others can learn and be inspired by your successes and we can in turn help you when you hit a bump in the road.

Guest Smillsoid

Hi Karen! I'm Smillsoid. I've had OCD since 2001. It flared up badly when I had my nervous breakdown in 2003, but since 2005 I've been on 60mg of Fluoxetine, and most of the symptoms have lessened. However, recently I've begun to suffer intrusive thoughts. On top of my panic attacks and severe depression, I'm finding it hard to cope. I don't know what I'd do without weekly talking therapy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ktams

Thanks both for your replies. I hope to have a proper look around the board soon and hope to get to know some of you better. I will offer as much support as I can :)

Smillsoid - we are on the same medication and dosage. I've found that it's the only one that has helped me to control my symptoms. Sertraline 200mg worked well for me, but not nearly as well as Fluoxetine 60mg does.

Karen.