Moment of clarity

After days of being stuck in what I can only describe as a mental hell,the current obsession seems to of suddenly stopped, I know this is probably only a temporary thing and I'm worried it's going to come back at any second because to be honest it was an awful obsession (well they all are aren't they.)

Do other people experience this? Brief moments when their obsessions suddenly disappear?

Thanks, Stuy

I feel like there is a part of me I can always tap into that doesn't care in the slightest about my obsessions. I call this the 'real me.'

Sometimes it's like imagining a cross-section of the ocean. On top, the waves are crashing, there can be a storm. But the sea bed isn't bothered, it's calm and completely untouched. The surface of the sea is the part of me that's tossed and turned by OCD. The sea bed is this 'real me'.

Sometimes when I am desperate or go into a proper panic attack I can feel the 'real me' sitting there quietly, watching, as if it's waiting for me to get back to normal, seeing it for the nonsense that it is, as if I'm temporarily ill (with a mental 'cold'). A couple of times a new obsession lurched inside my mind and I had this prompting from the 'real me' as if I was saying, 'would the real me care about this?' And that part wouldn't.

Almost as if that's the area left of me with common sense.

However it's not all that easy. I can't live in this 'real me' all the time because deep down I'm worried that if I'm not on high-alert, I'll fail to protect myself or miss something.

I don't know if anyone can relate.

Edited by Mipsie
Guest Gasspanicc

yes lol. i long for those moments. my mind is usually ruminating about something that's meaningless. the trick is to get it not to worry abotu that. but its so engrained in our subconscious processing that the smallest triggers can set off the ruminations. you must find those, like i did just now! and let it go, without being results oriented becasue then it just compiles to more hell for you :)