Worried about losing my home

I've been worrying a lot lately about how my 'condition' seems to be getting worse and how that may effect my future.

I'm 24 and have only had my own home for just over a year, I work full time and live with my younger brother (he's 20) and is currently out of work. I'm finding work extremely difficult because I can't go a single day without spending at least an hour or two having horrible obsessive thoughts whilst there. I've had quite a lot of time off over the last year and had numerous disciplinarys because of it and I'm beginning to find working full time unbearable. I know if I asked and explained my situation at work they would probably let me go part-time but it's more the financial side i'd struggle with. Does anyone know whether I'd be able to claim benefits to help top my wages up if I were forced to go part time?

Thanks

Hey Stupy, are you currently in any kind of treatment for your OCD? It sounds like you are struggling and I'm wondering if therapy and/or medication might help get things on track for you. I know there are protections in the UK for people with mental illness in the workplace (we have similar laws here in the US) but I don't really know the exact details or how they would apply to your situation. Hopefully someone with more experience can help you with that or you could contact OCD-UK directly for more information on what your options are. Even if you decide to stay full time it may be best to explain to your boss the situation so they can work with you to both your benefit. Again though I'm not exactly sure how the UK employment protection laws work so you may want to look into that first if you have any questions.