the big day!

Guest Amie-Louise

Guest Amie-Louise

I'm in hospital now getting induced, so will be having my baby soon! I'm scared of anxiety and groinals taking over in the first meeting and loosing my mind :( really scared! Hoping for some reassurance just so I can enjoy this special time! Thanks anybody who can help! Xx

Hey,

I think the more you think about not experiencing something and the more you hope it doesn't happen then the more your mind will be drawn towards it! It's a self-perpetuating problem if you see what I mean.

The best thing will be to just distract yourself as best as you can, I'm sure during labour there is plenty to distract yourself with and just don't think too far ahead. For now just stay as comfortable as you can, listen to what the midwives say and try and relax. Breathing exercises are helpful too, it will help calm you down, just close your eyes and take a few big deep breaths in and out and focus on that.

Good luck with the labour, this is a precious time for you so treasure it :)

Hey Amie :D

CONGRATULATIONS! Very happy for you, wish you all the best!

As for your OCD and groinals- Chill out! Who cares? As said above, the more you think "Please don't let it happen" the more likely it is. Just go with the flow! Trying not to think about it is the same a thinking about it. If you ignore it, yeah, it might still be there, but the trick is to not care. And why should you care? They are a small part of your big day, don't let it be ruined by something as pathetic as groinal response.

Good luck!

Ollie :)

Guest Amie-Louise

Thank you ollie :) I'm not doing to bad but I'm worried now I'm getting tired its trying to creep in! I'm trying hard at the min! Thanks again!xx

Guest faithless

Woo-hoo, it's the big day!

Amie, why are you scared of the anxiety and groinals taking over?

I'll say it again... Woo-hoo, it's the big day! :clap:

Amie, you're having a baby! Why are you thinking about anything else?

One more time? Woo-hoo, it's the big day! :w00t:

Do you really need reassurance?

It's the big day! You're having a baby! :bounce8:

Woo-hoo... I think you get the point... You know what to focus on. Good luck with the labour, and congratulations! Big hugs for mummy and baby! :hug:

Guest kittykat

Hi hunny

Whoopie, let the anxiety and all that rubbish come its all false anyway, your having your bambino I wish it was me, I have ages to go yet, you will have so much to focus on you won't have time to think about groinal response or anxiety and just think you can get the proper treatment now so its a win win situation. You are in my thoughts and prayers all the best hunny xxxx

Guest Amie-Louise

Thanks everyone ! :) yes kittykat! Mummy to a tiny baby girl weighing just 4 pound 12 her names Amaeya-Violet. I had her at 9.08 Am saturday :) she is just perfect! Very traumatic labour and birth but were both doing well now :) I instantly felt the anxiety and stress lift! Hope you are ok! xxxxxx

Guest kittykat

Hi Hun

Oh wow congratulations, what a beautiful name, I'm so pleased your both doing well, sorry to hear about the traumatic birth, all worth it in the end. Glad the stress lifted its so typical as with the ocd its all fears in our head, I'm hoping the same will happen to me. I know you will be busy, but try and keep in touch and let us know how you are going on.

Take care kk ???x

Guest Amie-Louise

Thank you :) yeah it was definitely worth it! I do get a little anxious and some thoughts but I feel so much more relaxed like I can breath for the first time in months, I'm going to have the cbt soon to try and get it all completely under control. We will be staying in hospital for a couple of weeks atleast with Amaeya being premature. Thanks for all the support and kind words over the last few months! Don't know what I would have done without this forum! Don't worry kk you will be fine :) your baby will make you feel so much better. How's the therapy going so far? Xxx