Venlafaxine

Guest Pure0

Guest Pure0

I'm weaning off Venlafaxine due to side affects. It's by far the worst medication withdrawal I've ever been through and I still have another 150mg to go!!

Agitation, blinding headache, brain zaps not too bad actually, confusion, and manic moments.

I would advise looking into all other meds before trying this one.

Peace

Edited by Pure0
Guest ktams

I agree. I was taking this about 12 years ago. Even missing a dosage gave me horrible side effects. I've switched medications a few times and have never experienced withdrawal like I did coming off Venlafaxine!

HI PureO,It sounds to me like your reducing the dose too fast.I'm no expert but it seems to me that it might help if you split the difference between what you were taking before and what your taking now

Guest Pure0

Hey,

I'm following the docs advise, 300 - 175 - 150 etc.

I'm not going on to anything else after this, I'm referred to counselling again. I've been on so many different medications that I can't remember what 'me' actually feels like!

But Venlafaxine, wooaa...such bad withdrawal and I also had horrible withdrawal if I missed a dose by as little as a couple of hours!

Edited by Pure0

Hey Pure0

I can concur with what you are going through , I'm doing the exact same right now. I've been on many tablets over +15 years and trying now to wean off medication to feel whatever it does not being on medication / venlaflaxine . I was on 225mg now down to 175mg then down again. I would be keen to hear how you get on- I'm going through treatment with a phychologist also.

I am currently on 150 mg and worried a lot about withdrawal I will face when tapering off. Have read on net that starting some Prozac reduce withdrawal a bit.

Edited by Nil