Hi Guys,

I was sure there was a thread about this on the board but I can't find it, sorry about repeating it.

I have alot of scars on my legs from scratching and picking and it's really embarressing. They not fading at all. I feel conscience of them even when I wear tights and usually put 2 pairs on to hide them better.

Has anyone got any ideas of products to hide them, help them fade or anyhing to make them look better?

Thanks for your help.

Love

Gayle

xoxox

Guest Heryn

Hi

There is something called Bio-Oil, which is a herbal/vitamin oil you can buy in Boots. It's supposed to be good for scars, although that's not what I use it for. I think it's about £7, or thereabouts. According to the assistant I spoke to, they can't stock enough of it, it's so popular.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Heryn

Hi Rustle,

You can get scar-reduction patches from Boots etc. I'm not sure how good they are, maybe someone else on here will be able to advise on that? If you're under 18 then I remember Kirstie saying that you can get them on prescription.

Guest Automated Alice

hi - dont know if its been mentioned before:

theres a cream you can get called 'Dermablend' , its a heavy duty concealer, they use it for film/tv production to cover up unwanted scarring, birthmarks etc, you can get it from department stores, and most probably on the web. Would be good for use in emergency's if scars dont heal in time for an event etc

hope this helps

ali xxx

Guest Lizbeth

I had very bad eczema as a child which left scars over my knees. I was prescribed aqueous cream (you can buy it from BOOTS etc-about £2.50 for a huge tub.) It's a very thick moisturiser and the scars have nearly disapeared. Just apply it thickly after a bath or shower. Try to use a moisturising bath thing as well....oilatum and balneum bath oils are good. (£4.95 for small bottle.) If not, creams that are rich in vitamin e are good for scars.

Hope that helps.

Love,

xxLizbethxx

Thanks for your help guys. I brought 'Palmers Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E' yesterday. It says that it helps remove scarring. Plus, it smells of chocolate and it was half-price from Superdrug, only £1.99.

Have put it on yesterday about four times and today and I can already see a slight difference. I'll see how this goes, if it doesn't work very well I will try something else.

Gayle

xoxox

I used bio-oil and its good if you use it regulary, and the Palmers lotion works quite well. Gone through a ton of that stuff :)

Im going to be having some laser treatment on some of my scars in a few weeks time. Ive heard the results can be good, so going to give it a go.