medication

Guest scaredsnortheast

Guest scaredsnortheast

ive been on prozac for two weeks now but ive read for sympotoms of OCD it can take 4-6 weeks to hav an effect n maximum effect isnt seen for at least 12 weeks is this correct? prozac worked very well for me before. also can i just ask the thoughts like praying for people ya most love family to die, this is common n defo OCD? this is the only symptom i hav but it drives me mad xxxx

Guest raindancing

Hi hun.

Whatever is the worst or scariest or most distusting thought, OCD will put it in your mind. Hoping/wishing/praying family members are hurt or die is DEFINITELY OCD. Just like thoughts I have of thinking I 'like' hearing about murders or rapes etc. I don't, but OCD twists it. You know this - hang on to that knowledge hunny.

As for Prozac, I took it last year, I was on 40mg, it was very good for OCD, but I reacted badly regarding my depression, but everyone is different and if it's worked well for you before, you should do well with it again.

Try to keep thoughts in perspective as much as you can yeah?

'Chelle x

Guest Charlton

hi u im sure that is correct im on cipralex my self and this is the beginning of my fith week and it has definilty had an effect i am now on the maximum dose and heres hoping another month and ill enter remmission. must admit im having a bit of a bad day and have feeling im clutching at straws

Hi scared,

ive been on prozac for two weeks now but ive read for sympotoms of OCD it can take 4-6 weeks to hav an effect n maximum effect isnt seen for at least 12 weeks is this correct? 

I'm not an expert at all but it is my understanding that most SSRIs (of which Prozac is one) do take 4-6 weeks to start working.

also can i just ask the thoughts like praying for people ya most love family to die, this is common n defo OCD?  this is the only symptom i hav but it drives me mad

Like 'Chelle has said, OCD will pick the worst thing for you and prey on that, so try not to worry :) :).

Hi Charlton,

Don't think we've 'spoken' before so :) to the board.

im on cipralex my self and this is the beginning of my fith week and it has definilty had an effect

I'm glad the cipralex is having an effect :):)

i am now on the maximum dose and heres hoping another month and ill enter remmission. must admit im having a bit of  a bad day and have feeling im clutching at straws

Sorry you're having a bad day :(. Are you having any other treatment alongside the meds? As I think studies seem to show that the best results are sometimes when treatments are used alongside each other.

Stay strong :)