AAAAAAGHHHHH please help

Good god, please someone help.

Just spent ages cleaning the kitchen in my shared house, including putting a lot of plates away and washing and drying all cutlery by hand. At the end of all of this, I noticed there is a bit on my thumb where i have gouged a bit of skin off, and when i pressed a tissue to it, blood came off.

My biggest fear is of that I have HIV and will give it to others.

I think I should go and wash all the cutlery again but my Mum reckons I shouldn't.

Aaaghh.

My housemate is about to eat her dinner.

Should i warn her?

Help please.

Guest ingrid

hi,

No! Don't warn her.....it is just your ocd playing with your mind. Your actions this evening have not, and will not cause anyone else any harm.

It is just your ocd,not you, and the thoughts are not real.

keep believin that. Hope your finger not too bad, and you feelin ok again soon

:thumbup:

Guest kirk27

That ocd will always attack you at the moments of panic, in it comes with a stupid idea to give you grief, its ok you wont spread what your mind is tellin you. you can deal with it , walk away and relax bestyou can .you can over come the episode

do it once and you will ok next time.

kirk.

Thanks for your replies guys, I appreciate them.

However I still feel a bit anxious, and really think I should go and wash the cutlery again. I know this is silly to ask and that I shouldn't ask, but even if there was a small amount of blood on the cutlery from my hands, after 12 hours it wouldn't now pose a threat to anyone would it. Also, it would be such a small amount that it couldn't transmit HIV anyway.

Right??

You know the thing is, despite the fact that I already know the answers to those questions, I still want to wash it to eliminate the miniscule outside risk. Because to me it seems selfish to not bother washing the cutlery when there is that risk, no matter how small it is.

Smarties

xxx

Guest Lucy_helps_you

Hi Smarties,

don't worry about it you won't have Hiv no one will get i'll from that i'm sertan if youre still worried ware gloves :censored:

from Lucy_helps_you :thumbup:

Guest Dragonfruit

Hey smarties

You know the answer - you just have to find the strength to believe in it and act on it.

It's hard but you can do it.

actually 12 hours is totally more then the time it takes for HIV too die. Out of the body it can't live very long. In a lab, via experiements using large concentrations of the HIV virus, it took a few hours tops for it to all die off, but the amount they used in the experiement were in controlled lab conditions, and in un-natural quantities of the virus. So in reality, you can be almost certain that if the bodily fuild has died out, so has the HIV, if its there in the first place. I thankfully have worked that out... but I'm paranoid about another blood illness now, lol... But yeah, so long as you arent having unprotected sex, sharing needles, letting someone drink your blood, and not sharing razors or toothbrushes, there is no chance you will pass on HIV, its not spread enviromentally, or we'd all have it... that's if you even have it, which is probably not the case. Why do you think you have it btw?

Thanks for all of your replies,

that's if you even have it, which is probably not the case. Why do you think you have it btw?

Erm actually, to be honest, I don't really think I have it. It's just the 'what if' I had it. I have never had unprotected sex or injected drugs, it's just an irrational fear. I have had three negative tests. Will be having another one soon. It really just is that outside chance.

God just did some washing up and noticed there was something red on the washing up sponge. Probably food, but what if it's my blood? I got a new sponge out last night but I think that was before I noticed the cut so may have bled on it. have just given everything out there a very quick wipe with the new sponge but probably not enough.

AAAAAGGGH. :huh:

if it was blood, wouldnt it have come off? And just to try give reassurance, if you've had 3 blood tests, and done no risk activities since, you're fine :huh: I wish my dad would let me have a test, but he wont ¬¬ I got some cut I cant explain when drinking, so of course I assumed the worse, lol...

Anyway if you are that worried about the sponge, spray it wil antibactrial cleaner or something?

Also if the sponge had blood on it, and you did have HIV, you cant infect anyone with it buy now, the plates dried yesterday, s they are fine :grin:

I am not worried about the sponge, I just threw it out. I am just worried that other people have used it to clean things and that there might be blood on those things now.

Bit of a tenuous link though, and not the most direct for transmitting HIV!

actually it's not a link, at all... lol.... that amount of HIV would have died out in second after drying.... unless your friend eating off soaking wet plates? Even then, if they used it for washing up, they would have used soapy water, right?