What HAVE I done??

Guest Heryn

Guest Heryn

:thumbup:

I have edited this because possibly I overreacted a bit. I was just upset, and part of me still regrets telling them before I've had a chance to see my doctor.

Their natural instinct is to care about me, but I know they're finding it difficult to accept. At the very least, although it is my decision, they want me to consider coming off meds. Things are better -- but it is something I'll have to face up to. I find it hard to explain OCD, especially when I've had little sleep -- any tips?

thanks for reading,

Heryn :censored:

Edited by Guest

Hi Heryn :)

Are you talking about your family/friends here?

If so, then I know it can be very hard for family/friends to accept and understand OCD. Would it maybe help to give them some info on it or direct them to this site?

Re the meds, by all means listen to their advice and discuss it with them but at the end of the day it's probably something you need to discuss with your doctor, as you and he/she are the ones who can best decide whether or not you should continue taking them.

Hope this helps :)

Guest Heryn

Hi NS

I am talking about friends/family. I promised I'd look into stuff like St. John's Wort for them. It wasn't helped by the fact that OCD was threatening to drag me back into a deep, deep hole yesterday. :huh:

I'm sure people here know what it's like to have family or friends react like they did me (don't believe I have a 'condition'), but I'm also sure it'll all get resolved.

Thanks again--

Heryn

Hi Heryn,

For quite a while my family refused to believe I had OCD. Then my psychologist told them all about it and now they have no choice but to believe it!

By all means look into St John's Wort etc when you feel able to and if you want to, but don't push yourself too hard too soon, especially if the OCD's giving you a tough time. Take your time and remember that we'll support you on here :thumbup:.

Guest tattyhead

Hi there

If YOU feel ready to come of the meds fine. Please don't do it for someone else. You have to live with the OCD and what havoc its plays with your life. If the meds suit you for now stay with them and set a goal of re-thinking in a couple of months. Have a good chat with your doc.

If you are thinking of alternative stuff - try essential oils while you are on the meds. I find lavendar a great one for calming nerves throughout the day (I put one drop on my collar) and at night for helping you sleep (one drop on pillow). I drink camomile tea which is also a good relaxer. If you have an oil burner try orange and lavendar at bedtime. The orange helps to alleviate anxiety while the lavendar helps you sleep.

Hope you are feeling OK

Jane xx