still scared

Guest hannahmaniac

Guest hannahmaniac

Hey everyone, as some of you might know, I have been worrying recently about having had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend. I am debating whether I should book a test and I am very very scared. But its like what Brain Lock says, 'if it feels like OCD, it is' doesnt help much right now though. I had a massive panic attack last night and woke up with shallow breathing this morning. Ah, I wish it would stop!!! My first year exams start tomorrow too! (First year of Uni). I have turned my life around somewhat since sleeping with my ex-boyfriend, i.e. reformed my relationship with God and my faith, but my OCD means I cant turn from the past, I really want to though and I am trying.

Even though I am feeling like this, I have a bit of encouragement. I went to a sermon yesterday about 'slaying giants'. Sometimes we struggle in life with difficulties (these are the 'giants' we have to slay) but once we have slain these giants, defeated these difficulties, we are given great rewards, we will be given another difficulty but when we overcome that, we will have more great rewards. There is no victory like that over which we thought we couldnt deafeat. While I praise God for the strength he is gving me to overcome, I guess this idea encourages non-Christians too, the underlying message is DONT WORRY, IT CAN BE DONE!!! Another point worth mentioning is God never gives us more than what he knows we can cope with. 'When you cross rivers, you will not drown. When you walk through fire, you will not be burnt, nor will the flames hurt you.' Isiah 43 v 2. Again, to non-Christians, DONT WORRY, IT CAN BE DONE!!!, hope this helps, Hannah x :huh:

my friends aunt was at his house the other day when I was, and she figured for people with mental problem like OCD or autism, it makes you smarter, but it's balanced out with suffering or something... I wasnt really listening, lol...

Anyway... I'm taking you were in your early 20s, if that when you had this relationship... right? How long was he with you/do you know if he had unprotected sex with others.... Most teens dont have HIV or AIDS, so it's not all that likely he had it, besides, not every sexual nterconter with someone who has HIV, would give you it. There was a survey once I believe that estimated only 12 out of a set of 100 of partners (one having HIV) caught it from the other in unprotected sex. However, you may want to get a test anyway. Its not so much OCD, because its one of the 'risk factors' considered by the NHS, for the population, therefore its reasonable to get a test, and not just OCD.... and if it's been 3 or more months, I figure you may as well get a test...

Hi Hannah,

I think we all need to see some light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, with regards to our ocd. It seems that you are slowly gaining awareness of your ocd and know what you have to do with regards coping with it.

Bear in mind that you're exams are starting soon....these are pretty darn stressful, and ocd loves stress.

Keep on going wiht it Hannah....and good luck with the exams

Adamx