attempting to get on living my life

Guest scaredsnortheast

Guest scaredsnortheast

hi, im really fed up of allowing ocd to ruin things for me. please i just want to know people who in their heads pray for people they msot love to die do u jut let these thoughts come and go? is this the key am i doing nothing wrong by doing this? i cant hurt anyone can i? God wont answer such prayers? am i all corrwect here?

thanks so much xxxx

do u jut let these thoughts come and go? is this the key am i doing nothing wrong by doing this?

That's exactly right Scared, let the thoughts come and go, you'll be fine and no-one at all is going to come to any harm :huh:

I've always been advised by therapists to just let the thoughts flow and eventually you will cease to barely notice them. They are not you nor do they define you plus they will not harm anyone so let them be. Learn to ignore them, they are not worth worrying about. This approach does take time to come to terms with but give it a go!

Catherine

Guest scaredsnortheast

hen stuff does happen as it shall as everyone dies n people do get ill ya think i'll realise its not because of me, God wont listen to such prayers? bad prayers can neva work? xxxx

thanks everybody

Guest justme

Hi Scarednortheast,

your doing fine.I have similar thoughts and just ignore them when they happen.Just keep on labelling them as OCD thoughts and turn your attention to something else (I know this is not easy to do,but you can do it) .Nothing will happen by having these thoughts.We cannot control thoughts but we can control how we react to them.keep up the good work.

Peter

Guest NickNickNick

Let them come & go and do nothing. This is the right strategy...good job, scared.

I tried to PM you earlier today in response to your question for me, but I think your inbox is full...delete some messages and I'll try again!

Stay happy. :thumbup: