difficult weekend

Guest traze

Guest traze

Hello all,

It's been a difficult but memorable weekend. My uncle died suddenly, collapsed on the street. My parents had to go and identify the body. Being a good daughter, I wanted to go with them but absolutely dreaded it.

I used the following Bach flower remedies to help me through.

Mimulus -fear of known things

Cherry Plum -fear of losing control/not being able to cope

Star of Bethlehem -shock

Crab Apple - fear of contamination

Walnut -keeping your own space, not being too influenced by other people.

Centuary -trying to please everyone -being too nice.

Anyway, I have to tell you I went through with it, viewed the body, helped my parents to get through it and remained calm and supportive. The police officer who

accompanied us was wonderful.

Sorry to be so morbid! My uncle had been in good health and was 59 years old.

It served as a reminder to me that life is short and time is precious. Too precious

to waste on repetitive meaningless actions or obsessive thoughts.

Since the viewing, I have used flower remedy White Chestnut to help deal with repetitive thoughts and Star of Bethlehem and Crab Apple as before. I am doing fine and actually doing less checking that things are switched off etc....

If you are interested in Bach Flower Remedies, do a google search you will find the website of the Bach Centre which describes them all. Personally, I have purchased mine from ainsworths as they say their preparation is more concentrated, I find them effective.

Maybe some think they are placebo, but sometimes placebo can be useful. If nothing else they encourage you to look at your own feelings in an objective manner.

Best wishes

Therese

Guest Smudger

Sorry for your loss traze.

You seem to be coping well though, which is good-just remember that you can always talk to us should you need to.

I'd not heard of the Bach remedies before now, but it sounds interesting. :thumbup:

Hi Traze :thumbup:

Firstly, I'm really sorry to hear about your Uncle, it must have been very difficult and upsetting for all of you. Death is difficult even when it's expected, when it's sudden and to someone still fairly young and apparently healthy, it's much more of a shock.

Well done to you for showing such selflessness and bravery in choosing to support your parents and putting their needs above your own, it was a courageous thing to do, you should feel justifiably proud.

I agree, however they work, the Bach Remedies can be useful, they seem to take the edge of things a bit.

Hope things go without too much problems for you all this week, sending you good wishes for yourself and your family.

Take Care and find some time for yourself as well.

Caramoole :thumbup:

Guest StephenS

Hi Traze

I'm really sorry to hear about your bereavement, but so glad that you dealt with your fears and coped at such a difficult time. I think that when the fears and the situation are real, people with OCD are probably better at that than a lot of others...

I have also used the Bach Flower remedies, and found them helpful. The Rescue Remedy was wonderful for panic attacks or for heading off panic in really feared situations like flying - how it worked, I don't know, because although the remedies have a brandy base, the quantity of alcohol consumed is absolutely minute, as is the quantity of the other ingredients ... though that of course is the whole basis of homeopathy.

I'm wary of using them now because I'm on prescription meds - and anyone who is teetotal or reacts badly to alcohol might wish to steer clear

Stephen