felt better fro a while..

Guest buttercups

Guest buttercups

hey guys, :)

HoW is everyone?

I went camping for ten days and got back a few days ago, and felt good. my ocd worries had faded. It was really nice to get away :grin:

Today though, I feel a bit strange as i just had to phone my old job for my p45... I really hated my lat job and my boss. i as a secretary in a nursry. and my old boss was an ex social worker. i know this sounds stupid but after just coming off the phone to her, i feel anxious! when i was working there i'd get theses thoughts: What if they think i did something to one of the kids? what if one of the kids say something happend and they think its me! especially when i left, well, i kind of got the sack. i didnt get on with my boss either! i think its also because she's an ex social worker, i dont know why i have these stupid thoughts! i havnt done any such thing, and wouldnt want too, i've just got a fear of being blamed!

its all to do with my mediacl records. i feel like i'm this terrible person because i've had all these mental problems and i'm scared people, expecially people in authority who i seems to have a fear of, wilkl think i'm the one to blame.

but.. apart from that i'm ok! :)

hope you all are????

Guest Smudger

Hi buttercups. :)

Glad to hear that your break did you good! :)

With regards to your current worry, I'd say your unease is just because you had to temporarily re-visit a situation/person that had caused you to feel bad in the past-I was the same when I had to go back to my old place of employment to get some forms signed.

With regards to your fear of being accused of doing something you haven't done, well, it's not going to happen. You know you did nothing wrong, but your ocd is trying to keep a hold on you by desperately using any method at its disposal to make you feel bad. Try to focus your thoughts onto something else when this happens-the better you get at doing so, the easier it will be to ignore and then finally rid yourself of these thoughts. :)

Hi buttercups :)

Glad you're feeling good :):)

With regards to your current worry, I'd say your unease is just because you had to temporarily re-visit a situation/person that had caused you to feel bad in the past-I was the same when I had to go back to my old place of employment to get some forms signed.

I'd agree with Smudger - it's probably that you were communicating with someone in a place where you've felt anxious and worried in the past.

when i was working there i'd get theses thoughts: What if they think i did something to one of the kids? what if one of the kids say something happend and they think its me! especially when i left, well, i kind of got the sack. i didnt get on with my boss either! i think its also because she's an ex social worker, i dont know why i have these stupid thoughts! i havnt done any such thing, and wouldnt want too, i've just got a fear of being blamed!

It's your OCD causing you to have these thoughts, not you :)

Guest hope125

hi buttercups,

it's hope, good to hear from you. i am not suprised that you feel 'funny' today, you obviously didn't have a good experience at your last work place so contacting them today is bound to have made you feel bad. forget those people now, some people are just not that nice! try to put it behind you and move on to pastures new!!! you are a kind and caring person so don't let your thoughts get you down - everybody in the world thinks horrid things it is just people like us ocders who pay too much attention to them.

you are doing really well so keep busy and just let the thoughts come and go. they will lose their power.

keep in touch

love

hope

xxxxx