anxious about everything!

Guest sylvia

Guest sylvia

Hi, hope all is well with everyone! I just wanted to post and get some of this off my chest it always helps. I have been having anxiety about a few different things. One of them is the fact that lately I have been feeling like I always need to be entertained, like for instance since it's summer now I have been wanted to go to the pool alot. Well I have been on the go alot it seems since it's gotten nice out. I am now feeling like I constantly need to be doing something and I don't know if it's because I am anxious, well I know I am anxious but am I doing so much to relieve this anxiety!! I just don't know why I have to analize everything it's like a normal person would just do whatever with now question. I was just wondering if anyone else feels like this and what could help. Also I have been a little depressed, not bad but yesterday I was crying a little and just felt depressed didn't really know why. I appriciate all the help thanks so much!

Hi Sylvia

I think you've hit on an interesting point ie the relationship between activity, anxiety and depression. I personally find it very hard to strike the right balance in terms of the amount of activity I engage in. If I don't do enough I find my mood can lower and I start getting very OCD'ish eg rituals. If I start doing too much and dashing here there and everywhere, then the adrenaline starts to flow and this makes the anxiety worse. Oh dear it's so hard just getting it right :blushing:

In actual fact when I have my regular apt with my psychologist, we now allocate some of the session solely to discussing my level of activity. More often than not, she tries to get me to slow down as I tend to take on too much and this pumps up the anxiety. With her help I sometimes get it right and boy does it make a difference :puke:

So I don't think you are over analysing at all, I think its really important you find the right level of activity for you. When you do things to a level you feel comfortable with then use that as your yardstick. There are a whole load of physiological things going on with your stress hormone levels when you engage in activity and these can affect your anxiety one way or the other.

I try to keep a diary of my activities and what helps and I agree totally that it is a very important issue.

Catherine :no:

Guest sylvia

Nice to hear from you Catherine, thanks for the support. Well I guess this may be an issue then with more than I suspected. I seem to obsess about this on certain days. Like I will feel like I want to do something but then I feel like maybe I am on the go to much. I have kids so I will also think about them and wonder if I run them to much. I just seem to get bored around the house and then I want to leave. Yes you are right it is a hard one to figure out!!!! I am not seeing a therapist but it really does help getting on here and getting support from others!! Thanks so much hope you are well!!!!!!