Hello, new BDD sufferer

Guest MoonCloud

Guest MoonCloud

Hi all, I just joined the community so thought I'd do a little intro of myself, I'm 25, female, and was diagnosed about 2 years ago with OCD and body dysmorphic disorder, aswell as anxiety and depression. I am also a chronic dermotillomaniac (skin picker) which is a direct result of my BDD. I have suffered these conditions for over 10 years, with pretty much all of my issues focused around my skin, especially my face but also most areas of my body.

I used to also be really bad with obsessive house cleaning and things like clothes, laundry etc. I did have therapy and was on long-term medication when things got so out of control I became suicidal for a while but I am able to cope much better with that side of it, and I am still learning to cope with my body and skin issues.

Thanks for listening! :)

Guest MoonCloud

Thanks Gingerbreadgirl, I see what you mean about the username lol- yours is nice too, makes me crave gingerbread though! :)

Guest steph xxx

Hi everyone :original:

Just introducing myself (hope I am doing this right?)

I am Steph, I am almost 32 and have beensuffering with Body Dismorphic Disorder (BDD) for a few years now but only found out that my feelings have a medical name after I visited the doctors who put me intouch with a therapist who knew instantly that it was BDD.

The main area of my BDD is my body as I have yo-yo dieted for MANY MANYyears and have also had a baby (my beautiful son aged 5 now) so my tummy has sagged alot!! Like a big lip right across my body. My under arms have sagged too. I also suffer from Chloasma/Melasma on my upper lip which is like a light brown coffee stain pigmentation mark accross my lip (as if where a mustashe would be)....it is triggered by sunlight so the summer months are no fun for me...and going abroad is a nightmare.

The BDD really gets me down and so I have come here for extra support xxx :shy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mark429

Hi Steph, I hate my nose it sticks upwards like a little piglet's - Don't go out in heavy rain in case I drown (joke!) - seriously though, I no it won't help with deeply ingrained feelings like yours but you look good to me.

Guest Mark429

Hi Steph, I hate my nose it sticks upwards like a little piglet's - Don't go out in heavy rain in case I drown (joke!) - seriously though, I no it won't help with deeply ingrained feelings like yours but you look good to me.

Spelt 'know' wrong that's really going to bug me now!