BBC local Radio - everyone's at it today! (Which is great)

I've been contacted by two separate BBC local Radio stations about features on OCD this week (in fact as it happens today) - BBC Radio Cumbria and BBC Radio Solent. Then I saw Legend's slot on Cambridgeshire. I wondered what was going on and it seems the OCD Boot Camp programme is the reason.

What a great flurry of activity!

Guest orange socks (2)

It's a flurry all right :D

I think this year is gonna be great for awareness raising hun..... this is just the start of it....

It's gonna get even more flurrying soon ....... :)

Is flurrying a word :lol:

Did you do the radio interviews hun ? X

Edited by orange socks (2)
Guest legend

Not for Free Radio, they were getting people to phone in that were "a little bit ocd".

You win some you lose some!

Ff

yes someone rang in from a hypnotherapy place , soon put them right on my talk

also, someone mentioned a fear of harming kids , which was fantastic

good work.

but youll always have ****. but we will keep on perservering right ??

Edited by legend
Guest orange socks (2)

Remember the day when beckham came out with ocd and it was spread across everywhere...... Interview after interview after interview.....

I think that was the day that went nuts for ocd awareness raising

I know people sometimes criticise becks but have to say he really did do us some massive favours that day .......can't remember how long it was ago now......but I remember Ashley writing a post that he'd done a load of interviews one after another after another ....... People were just after interviews with any and all of us left right and centre .......was it 2006 ? Memory fails me :)

Guest Tynesider

Not for Free Radio, they were getting people to phone in that were "a little bit ocd".

You win some you lose some!

Ff

I hate that term. It's one of the reasons it's took me so long to speak out. I was scared people would just laugh.

Guest MrwulfAndrew

FF - I heard that on free too and was very angry about it. This on the same day as a work mate made light of it too.