Brain Lock

Guest Mrsp

Ahh really?!?! Wish I had known that before lol- id have ordered it from there! I'll see how I get on with the book, but might get it to listen to as well :)

Hello :)

I've booked myself in for CBT, but the main reason I've sought help is because my intrusive thoughts have moved on to POCD which I don't know how that could be remedied by ERP?

Guest Alex2012

Hello :)

I've booked myself in for CBT, but the main reason I've sought help is because my intrusive thoughts have moved on to POCD which I don't know how that could be remedied by ERP?

CBT is fine but you need to get to the core belief, and from previous experience CBT doesn't really cover resolving this issue

CBT is fine but you need to get to the core belief, and from previous experience CBT doesn't really cover resolving this issue

I don't think you don't need to necessarily delve into the past to treat OCD, but the cognitive aspect of CBT can help explore the feelings and emotions around the thoughts.

• 2 months later...
Guest paramoregirl

I' am halfway through reading it at the moment and its brilliant. It's hard, it's tough, it's a wake up call but it's good. It is defiantly helping me.