Hey! New to this and introducing myself :)

Guest LissyR

Guest LissyR

I think I have this naive urge to offer suggestions when people say something's wrong but of course it usually turns out people have thought of all the obvious stuff I come up with already. Maybe that's the old Oswald compelling me to offer help!? Who knows.

Well cockiness and confidence will stand you in good stead in this world L.

You're lucky you're at a good school though I'm sure it seems a drag now. I failed the 11 plus so my school was the opposite, people gave you hell if you tried too hard, answered too many questions. Specially as a boy I found. Kinda made it hard to focus and do well.

Re: uni - I just settled for the bad grades in the end. Shame cos I think I could've done well in something - I just picked the wrong subject at the end of the day so it's too bad really. Don't think you can redo finals - at least I couldn't then.

Do you think you will go to uni?

I think so I'd like to be a doctor probably so medical college I guess, competitive though, and you need really good grades so lots of hard work needed

Guest LissyR

keeping my feet clean is one of my biggest compulsions as well lol!!! i use a lot of antibact wipes

yeah same!! I use antibacterial wipes, shower them twice a day at least and I have spray for both shoes and feet

the only time im ever bare foot is in the shower, im scared I'll catch a disease from the floor or cut my feet

Guest Sisyphus

I think so I'd like to be a doctor probably so medical college I guess, competitive though, and you need really good grades so lots of hard work needed

Oh excellent - that's a noble ambition. Giving something back. I think if I had my time again I might aim to be a psychologist. Mind you that would probably be quite upsetting too wouldn't it. Pirate then.
Guest LissyR

Oh excellent - that's a noble ambition. Giving something back. I think if I had my time again I might aim to be a psychologist. Mind you that would probably be quite upsetting too wouldn't it. Pirate then.

I think being a physcologist would be really fun but hard, I never know what to do with myself so helping other people would be hard, I think i'd feel like a fraud in a way

I think anatomy is fascinating (inside natures giants all the way) but I think it's really nice to be able to see the affect your job has straight away, nice to be able to help people who need it

Guest Sisyphus

I think being a physcologist would be really fun but hard, I never know what to do with myself so helping other people would be hard, I think i'd feel like a fraud in a way

I think anatomy is fascinating (inside natures giants all the way) but I think it's really nice to be able to see the affect your job has straight away, nice to be able to help people who need it

Yeah that makes sense about the fraud feeling - I can see that being a distinct possibility.

Well I guess there's a big chance healthcare will be privatised by the time you're qalified - they can't seem to arrange for that quickly enough.

I wish I could go back and revisit my teenage self and advise me to stick with the things I enjoy. I really think that's all that matters ultimately, but I'd been given other ideas about what I should do. I know there are practicalities but people say that if you love what you do things fall in place and you get by OK.

Guest LissyR

Yeah that makes sense about the fraud feeling - I can see that being a distinct possibility.

Well I guess there's a big chance healthcare will be privatised by the time you're qalified - they can't seem to arrange for that quickly enough.

I wish I could go back and revisit my teenage self and advise me to stick with the things I enjoy. I really think that's all that matters ultimately, but I'd been given other ideas about what I should do. I know there are practicalities but people say that if you love what you do things fall in place and you get by OK.

yeah, I think its hard having to decide what you do for the rest of your life when you're still young, you can either do what you like, what you're good at or what you think will earn you money and I suppose that when you're only 18 you don't really know how your life is going to turn out, everyone has an ideal but very few people get that ideal. so theres a lot of responsibility placed on very few decisions

Guest Sisyphus

yeah, I think its hard having to decide what you do for the rest of your life when you're still young, you can either do what you like, what you're good at or what you think will earn you money and I suppose that when you're only 18 you don't really know how your life is going to turn out, everyone has an ideal but very few people get that ideal. so theres a lot of responsibility placed on very few decisions

Yes indeedy - I was clueless when I had to make those decisions adn the advice was not good. I ended up picking things I wasn't very good at! So I struggled and felt guilty for not being good at it.

It's good you know what you want to do though. I think that's pretty rare. So are you going to try and grab some Z's today or what? Or is there no chance?

Guest LissyR

Yes indeedy - I was clueless when I had to make those decisions adn the advice was not good. I ended up picking things I wasn't very good at! So I struggled and felt guilty for not being good at it.

It's good you know what you want to do though. I think that's pretty rare. So are you going to try and grab some Z's today or what? Or is there no chance?

urr well I've never been able to sleep in the day so theres no point trying, but I've done excersise, doing more later and I shall try your peaceful sounds so fingers crossed tonight I will sleep!

sorry for the late reply, I was washing my feet

Guest Sisyphus

urr well I've never been able to sleep in the day so theres no point trying, but I've done excersise, doing more later and I shall try your peaceful sounds so fingers crossed tonight I will sleep!

sorry for the late reply, I was washing my feet

Well I guess it's a bad idea unless you work the nightshift. I think nightshifts really fouled my sleep patterns up good n proper actually.

Well done on the exercise.

Oh god - I hope they work. Loads of people use these though looking at the comments. I sent it to my brother who's experiencing a lot of sleep problems of late, similar to yourself.

You're not late - you're exactly on time. It's good to have clean feet.

Guest LissyR

Well I guess it's a bad idea unless you work the nightshift. I think nightshifts really fouled my sleep patterns up good n proper actually.

Well done on the exercise.

Oh god - I hope they work. Loads of people use these though looking at the comments. I sent it to my brother who's experiencing a lot of sleep problems of late, similar to yourself.

You're not late - you're exactly on time. It's good to have clean feet.

ooh nightshifts sound hard, how do you adjust when you need to get back to normal shifts?

ahah thank you, I'm sure they will

well they should be clean now, they're red and raw

Guest Sisyphus

ooh nightshifts sound hard, how do you adjust when you need to get back to normal shifts?

ahah thank you, I'm sure they will

well they should be clean now, they're red and raw

**** sorry. Dumb comment. I think I was trying to put a positive spin on it.

After nightshifts you just have to work your sleep back round somehow. I think my circadian rhythms were already kind of knackered by then anyway so it didn't make much difference!

Well I'm going to switch the evil computer off now and do some reading so I'll catch up with you later Lissy OK? No doubt Mrsp will be back with her crazy flavours by then too! God have mercy on our souls.

Guest Sisyphus

ahahah no sorry this is just me being cranky because of lack of sleep, I'm sorry

have fun reading! I'm sure she will, wish me luck ;)

Well I lasted an hour before I gave up. Unless I have complete peace and quiet I find it really hard to read. Just end up re-reading the same sentences again adn again and again interminably. So of course the aricraft and lawn mowers and dragsters and strange machines all come out to play as soon as I open a book! Some days it just takes the ####. I know an element of OCD is thinking it's more than coincidence but it really does get hysterical whenever I open a book. Even the birds are out to stop me reading!

OK so that last sentence does sound crazy.

Guest LissyR

Well I lasted an hour before I gave up. Unless I have complete peace and quiet I find it really hard to read. Just end up re-reading the same sentences again adn again and again interminably. So of course the aricraft and lawn mowers and dragsters and strange machines all come out to play as soon as I open a book! Some days it just takes the ####. I know an element of OCD is thinking it's more than coincidence but it really does get hysterical whenever I open a book. Even the birds are out to stop me reading!

OK so that last sentence does sound crazy.

ahaha not really! I know what you mean! it can be as quiet as a baby the rest of the day but as soon as you sit down to do something that requires peace and quiet the whole of Britain seems to have a street party!

Guest Sisyphus

ahaha not really! I know what you mean! it can be as quiet as a baby the rest of the day but as soon as you sit down to do something that requires peace and quiet the whole of Britain seems to have a street party!

Yeah it does seem that way.

I recall some years ago complaining to a friend that I couldn't relax in the back garden after work because the sound of the birds was getting on my nerves. He and his family found this hysterical because birds are supposed to be relaxing. I guess that was a sign! Sorry but I'll never find the sound pigeons and magpies make relaxing. Specially round the clock like it is here.

Guest LissyR

Yeah it does seem that way.

I recall some years ago complaining to a friend that I couldn't relax in the back garden after work because the sound of the birds was getting on my nerves. He and his family found this hysterical because birds are supposed to be relaxing. I guess that was a sign! Sorry but I'll never find the sound pigeons and magpies make relaxing. Specially round the clock like it is here.

ahaha you'd hate it at my grandmas! she lives in the countryside inbetween several farms so there is the constant sound of cows, pigs, roosters, pigeons and even pheasants!

we have loads of pigeons and parakeets near me but they get drowned out by the traffic and the foxes, grrr they're so loud!!

Guest Sisyphus

ahaha you'd hate it at my grandmas! she lives in the countryside inbetween several farms so there is the constant sound of cows, pigs, roosters, pigeons and even pheasants!

we have loads of pigeons and parakeets near me but they get drowned out by the traffic and the foxes, grrr they're so loud!!

I do like the country though so it'd be worth the stretch.

Maybe I should ask about this noise distraction thing in the main forum. I dunno it sounds a bit weird.

Guest LissyR

definitely worth asking!!!! if someone else knows about it then it will help sort it out and if not, then who cares? maybe it is for and maybe it isn't, everyone will have an opinion and we already have some pretty weird stuff here so it wont be that bad don't worry

Guest Sisyphus

definitely worth asking!!!! if someone else knows about it then it will help sort it out and if not, then who cares? maybe it is for and maybe it isn't, everyone will have an opinion and we already have some pretty weird stuff here so it wont be that bad don't worry

Yeah? I'll brood on it some and see. Well the carousel of weird noises seems to have calmed down a bit. I'm gonna have another crack at reading. In a bit L.
Guest LissyR

Yeah? I'll brood on it some and see. Well the carousel of weird noises seems to have calmed down a bit. I'm gonna have another crack at reading. In a bit L.

enjoy your book! hopefully the birds don't come back

awww well it sounds like she made the right decision for her even if it was draining

Yeah, she had a nice couple of years there before she passed away

Happens every time. Very sad that.

So wait - you're younger than 30? I mustve got my wires crossed somewhere. Oh god I've been talking to you with far too much respect in that case. (lowering Mrsp respect filter). So yeah - cmon explain yourself ... you big stupid face.

I think what I actually said was I am 30 next month :D

You know when you start something innocently and it snowballs and before you know it it's taken on a life of its own and then you get the blame and then you trace it all back to the one moment where it all got out of hand. Well I think that moment just happened :blowup:

You said to me on a private message "Hey, Soph, you know what would be a really groovy idea? If we start referring to OCD as Oswald, then I can say it was all my idea, and people will worship me" :D

ahahahaah it was a good moment!! it could have been so much worse!! there could have been twitter campaigns, and pictures, and spams and tv adverts1

This girl is going places - she can be your campaign manager, David!!