Hey! New to this and introducing myself :)

Guest LissyR

Well I guess we're serious when we need to be, but Oswald the rest of the time. Hey - by a bizarre twist of insomniac fate, you just witnessed the removal of my arthroscopy bandages. I did it just then - after your last post and before this one. Congratulations. :doctor:

...oh my days...

Sorry Lissy - I didn't get a blooming email notification for that response. I still can't get my head round the notifications on here - most of the time it sends one then it just stops.

Well me is a long story. My sleep's kind of haywire anyway of late cos I'm unemployed. But it's been particularly strange the last few days cos of this op. First I couldn't sleep for 24 hours which was odd. Then I slept for 4.5 hrs. Then up a long time then 6 hrs sleep. Then not up so long and 11 hours sleep. Then 6 hrs again sleep, then 11 sleep hrs. So I've been up a lot of nghts as a result.

I need to address that really.

My family are all crummy sleepers though - my mum says it's overactive thyroid glands but on top of all my other medical woes, I really can't be bothered to get it checked out yet!

But unless I'm *really* tired I do find I have some problems getting to sleep and often have interrupted sleep. Some of the OCD **** started intruding on my sleep in recent years, which was nice.

I've JUST started having this...woke up this morning worrying if I had done something years ago or not...

Oh you poor thing. Sleep deprivation is a terrible thing - it can put a dark mood on things or make you over-emotional. I hope school somehow makes allowances for this cos it's clearly not fair otherwise. Geography's boring enough without that added handicap for God's sake!

I think the most I ever stayed up was 3 days when I was doing my finals at uni and I started hallucinating.

Please share :p

In those scenarios, any sleep you can grab is very valuable. I know it's a probably a cliche that you've heard before but I've heard using electronic equipment - phones/monitors, computers, laptops - before you try to sleep is bad for sleep - they say read a book instead or meditate. As with all these things I'm a total hypocrite so far though.

What's your home like for sleeping - quiet, peaceful, thick curtains that block the light out, much traffic noise? Sorry if I'm asking all the wrong things.

Re: notifications:

To get some notifications you need to do this:

- click on your name towards the top right of the OCD UK website

- click "My settings" from the drop-down that just appeared

- select "Notification options" from the menu on the left hand side of the screen

- tick which notification options you want ( I couldn't be bothered reading them all so I just cicked them all!)

That said, I still don't get notified for every response(like earlier) but I get the vast majority.

Have you been watching this "Extreme OCD Camp"? I'm just catching up on the 2nd one now.

I only saw the 2nd one - quite good I thought!

**** sorry. Dumb comment. I think I was trying to put a positive spin on it.

After nightshifts you just have to work your sleep back round somehow. I think my circadian rhythms were already kind of knackered by then anyway so it didn't make much difference!

Well I'm going to switch the evil computer off now and do some reading so I'll catch up with you later Lissy OK? No doubt Mrsp will be back with her crazy flavours by then too! God have mercy on our souls.

Thanks to both of you...

Guest Sisyphus

I think what I actually said was I am 30 next month :D

Right - a proper babby then. And to think of all this cheek I've been absorbing like some kind of foolish cheek sponge. You were born when I started secondary school FFS! I demand the appropriate amount of respect god dammit woman! Edited by Sisyphus
Guest Sisyphus

You said to me on a private message "Hey, Soph, you know what would be a really groovy idea? If we start referring to OCD as Oswald, then I can say it was all my idea, and people will worship me" :D

if SOPH stands for Smelly Old Poo Head then yes that was probably me.
Guest Sisyphus

I've JUST started having this...woke up this morning worrying if I had done something years ago or not...

Hmmm best nip it in the bud if you can. It's not cool when it starts jazz dancing with your sleep.

What's also not cool is I seem to be doing that Homer Simpson thing of drooling on my pillow when I sleep. Getting old sucks ass.

Guest Sisyphus

Please share

Well not much to share really - it just looked like the walls were moving. There was probably more but too long ago to remember now.

I only saw the 2nd one - quite good I thought!

Yeah it was a good show that. Seriously brave people - I would've been way too self-conscious at that age to expose myself to that on national TV. The best part was where the American faiclitator was dancing around them in the morning at the campsite, telling them all to wake up and the Essex boy looks at the camera and goes "what is it with Americans?". Class. Say what you want about Essex folk - they've got a golden sense of humour.

Yeah it does seem that way.

I recall some years ago complaining to a friend that I couldn't relax in the back garden after work because the sound of the birds was getting on my nerves. He and his family found this hysterical because birds are supposed to be relaxing. I guess that was a sign! Sorry but I'll never find the sound pigeons and magpies make relaxing. Specially round the clock like it is here.

Blackbird song I find lovely and relaxing. But we have these horrible chicks nested in the guttering of next doors house (I think) who make such a racket!

ahaha you'd hate it at my grandmas! she lives in the countryside inbetween several farms so there is the constant sound of cows, pigs, roosters, pigeons and even pheasants!

we have loads of pigeons and parakeets near me but they get drowned out by the traffic and the foxes, grrr they're so loud!!

We live right on a main road. We have no back garden, and there's certainly no sunbathing at the front as you can be seen by everyone. However, we have a beautiful hotel on Dartmoor that we stay in on our anniversary, and it's very much as you described your grandma's house. Peaceful, tranquil, and beautiful (apart from being able to see Plymouth! *spits*). We're going there a week on Saturday for a couple of nights, and I can't bloody wait!!

Right - a proper babby then. And to think of all this cheek I've been absorbing like some kind of foolish cheek sponge. You were born when I started secondary school FFS! I demand the appropriate amount of respect god dammit woman!

You are the same age as my husband, and he gets cheek, so why shouldn't you, gramps?

Guest LissyR

We live right on a main road. We have no back garden, and there's certainly no sunbathing at the front as you can be seen by everyone. However, we have a beautiful hotel on Dartmoor that we stay in on our anniversary, and it's very much as you described your grandma's house. Peaceful, tranquil, and beautiful (apart from being able to see Plymouth! *spits*). We're going there a week on Saturday for a couple of nights, and I can't bloody wait!!

aww have a lovely time!! Dartmoor is beautiful so I can see why you want to get away!! I hope you have a nice break

if SOPH stands for Smelly Old Poo Head then yes that was probably me.

David?

Draconian

Vilifier

Idiotic

Dick?

Anyway, you see he doesn't deny spawning the idea?

Guest LissyR

David?

Draconian

Vilifier

Idiotic

Dick?

Anyway, you see he doesn't deny spawning the idea?

ahahaha I'm laughing so much right now because of this conversation :laugh:

Hmmm best nip it in the bud if you can. It's not cool when it starts jazz dancing with your sleep.

You're telling me. It was awful- definitely OCD doubts- you know when you can tell the difference? On a positive note, THE book came today

What's also not cool is I seem to be doing that Homer Simpson thing of drooling on my pillow when I sleep. Getting old sucks ass.

Has your zimmerframe arrived yet?

Well not much to share really - it just looked like the walls were moving. There was probably more but too long ago to remember now.

Yeah it was a good show that. Seriously brave people - I would've been way too self-conscious at that age to expose myself to that on national TV. The best part was where the American faiclitator was dancing around them in the morning at the campsite, telling them all to wake up and the Essex boy looks at the camera and goes "what is it with Americans?". Class. Say what you want about Essex folk - they've got a golden sense of humour.

Haha yeah, that was funny! We had a cockney family in our hotel when we went to Majorca in April. They were an interesting bunch- dad thought he was Reggie Kray, son and his friend looked like something from the Beverley hillbillies (although thought that they were the mutts nuts) then an 8 year old little girl, mum and nan!

aww have a lovely time!! Dartmoor is beautiful so I can see why you want to get away!! I hope you have a nice break

Aww thanks- we always do. Apart from last time my husband decided to drag me on a 3 mild trek around Lydford Gorge- I've never been so happy to see my car!!!